Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: openSUSE 12.2, Firefox KDE integration broken

Default Re: openSUSE 12.2, Firefox KDE integration broken

Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    1. System Settings >> Default Applications >> File Manager (make sure Dolphin is selected explicitly).
    Yes, Dolphin is selected.

Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    2. Check ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list
    for the 'inode/directory=...' entry.

Mine for reference
    Code:
    inode/directory=kde4-dolphin.desktop;kde4-kfmclient_dir.desktop;
    It's slightly different, but still Dolphin is first on the list.
    Code:
    inode/directory=kde4-dolphin.desktop;kde4-kfmclient_dir.desktop;kde4-filelight.desktop;kde4-gwenview.desktop;geeqie.desktop;kde4-dolphinsu.desktop;pcmanfm.desktop;

Blog Entries

Examine /usr/share/applications/defaults.list as well, for any 'inode/directory=...'

Blog Entries

This firefox bug report is not recent, but may still point you in the right direction

https://bugs.launchpad.net/firefox/+...33/comments/39

It seems that firefox (and most GTK apps running in kde3 and kde4, such as file-roller and catfish) don't respect kde's file type associations. Instead firefox looks at:
    - /usr/share/applications/defaults.list : this is, AFAICT, a static file created when you first install the system
    AND
    - /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache : this is a dynamically changing file, it's changed when you install a new programme. So for example it will change when you install nautilus or pcmanfm in kde.
    Firefox will look first at defaults.list but will give preference to mimeinfo.cache. So if the same entry (e.g. inode/directory) exists in both defaults.list and mimeinfo.cache firefox will take whatever mimeinfo.cache says.
    You can manually make "Open containing folder" use your favourite programme by editing /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache . Basically you need to edit the "inode/directory=" entry and put the desired application's .desktop name up front, so to use dolphin, change it to:
    inode/directory=kde4-dolphin.desktop;

I've made 'inode/directory=' line in both /usr/share/applications/defaults.list and /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache to look exactly like in ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list, ie
    Code:
    inode/directory=kde4-dolphin.desktop;kde4-kfmclient_dir.desktop;kde4-filelight.desktop;kde4-gwenview.desktop;geeqie.desktop;kde4-dolphinsu.desktop;pcmanfm.desktop;
    Still, Firefox opens Gnome windows.

have you tried Kickoff> Configure Desktop> Application Appearence> GTK Styles & Fonts
    Looked to see if you're set at oxygen-gtk in GTK styles & if you have Use My KDE fonts in GTK applications?
    I'm just a curious cat
    My 64 bit: RADEON RX 570 |CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600
    MOTHERBOARD B450M D53H GGABYTE
    Opensuse Tumbleweed Plasma 5

Quote Originally Posted by Sagemta View Post
    have you tried Kickoff> Configure Desktop> Application Appearence> GTK Styles & Fonts
    Looked to see if you're set at oxygen-gtk in GTK styles & if you have Use My KDE fonts in GTK applications?
    It's not about just appearance. mozilla-kde4-integration package intended to replace GTK windows in Firefox and Thunderbird with their KDE counterparts. KDE windows not only look different, but there will more functions available, like "show previews" button, favourite places from dolphin (not from Gnome) etc.

Blog Entries

I really don't know what else to suggest. I wonder if firefox the is determining file picker by the active window manager. Are you using gdm, kdm4, or...?

Code:
    grep -i DISPLAYMANAGER= /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager

The bug https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=780661 contains technical details how it's supposed to work. Probably any experienced KDE user has an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by wrosenauer View Post
    The bug https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=780661 contains technical details how it's supposed to work. Probably any experienced KDE user has an idea.
    Please note that with Firefox 17 as of now it is "expected" that you will get Gtk filedialogs most of the time. This is due to a change in Firefox which is not reflected yet in the KDE integration. This is not the same cause as for people having issues before 17. Still 17 would correct the button order and do other stuff as application selectors and mime handlers. If nothing of that is working you are affected by the issue from the bug above where the reason is not known yet.

Blog Entries

@D_E: I'd like to know which KDE version you are using? I've had a brief look at the bug report and the KDE session check code linked there, however it's not clear to me what is failing.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast