Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: repositories, updating alias column

Question repositories, updating alias column

hello,

the result of :

Code:
    zypper lr -d
    gives an alias column for repositories , which alias i'd like to update easily.

Is there a way that i can access the alias from yast ?

How can change it easily from console ?

Thanks
    openSUSE Leap 42.2 , KDE Plasma 5

dd NNTP User

Default Re: repositories, updating alias column

On 11/15/2012 10:26 AM, manchette fr wrote:
    > Is there a way that i can access the alias from yast ?

sure, just open YaST > Software Repositories, and a new window named
    "Configured Software Repositories" will open

then highlight each repo one by one, click on the "Edit" button, and in
    the new pop-up (named "Server & Directory") just change the "Repository
    Name" block to what you want the alias to be...then click "Ok" on the
    "Server & Directory" pop-up, and move to the next repo..

when all repos have the name/alias you want, press the "Ok" on the YaST
    "Configured Software Repositories" pane

> How can change it easily from console ?

check man zypper....look for the info on renamerepo or modifyrepo where
    you will find a few commands and examples like:
    Code:
    renamerepo (nr) <alias|name|#|URI> <new-alias>
    $ zypper nr 8 myrepo
    modifyrepo (mr) <options> <alias|name|#|URI> ...
    modifyrepo (mr) <options> <--all|--remote|--local|--medium-type>
    but the YaST way seems easier, to me.

--
    dd http://tinyurl.com/DD-Caveat

in my repos aliases were completely different than the names i gave in yast, the way you described above, in fact sometimes they fit, sometimes they don't.
    i just renamed all the aliases from console

eg :

Code:

> zypper lr -d
        #  | Alias                              |     Nom                                              | Activé |     Rafraîchir | Priorité | Type   |     URI                                                                                    | Service       
    ---+------------------------------------+--------------------------------------------------+--------+------------+----------+--------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+--------
         1 | 12.1                               | update122                                            | Oui    | Oui        |   99     | rpm-md |     Index of /update/12.2                                              |        
         2 | 12.1_1                             | libdvdcss                                            | Oui    | Oui        |   99     | rpm-md |     http://opensuse-guide.org/repo/12.2/                                                   |        
         3 | 12.1_2                             | packman122                                           | Oui    | Oui        |   95     | rpm-md |     Index of /suse/12.2/                                                     |        
         4 | 12.1_3                             | packman__depot_alternatif_de_secours                 | Non    | Oui        |   95     | rpm-md |     Index of /pub/packman/suse/12.2                                 |        
         5 | Education                          |     Education                                        | Oui    |     Oui        |   99     | rpm-md |     Index of /repositories/Education/openSUSE_12.2                     |        
         6 | FGLRX-LEGACY                       |     FGLRX-LEGACY                                     | Oui    |     Oui        |   99     | rpm-md |     Index of /mirror/amd-fglrx-legacy/openSUSE_12.2                            |        
         7 | GNOME_Ayatana                      | Packages for the Ayatana     project (openSUSE_12.2) | Oui    | Oui        |   99     | rpm-md |     Index of /repositories/GNOME:/Ayatana/openSUSE_12.2                |        
         8 | KDE_Release_49_openSUSE_12.1       |     kde-49-extra                                     | Oui    |     Oui        |   99     | rpm-md |     Index of /repositories/KDE:/Extra/KDE_Release_49_openSUSE_12.2     |        
         9 | devel:languages:perl               |     devel:languages:perl                             | Oui    |     Oui        |   99     | rpm-md |     Index of /repositories/devel:/languages:/perl/openSUSE_12.2        |        
        10 | devel:languages:python             |     devel:languages:python                           | Oui    |     Oui        |   99     | rpm-md |     Index of /repositories/devel:/languages:/python/openSUSE_12.2      |        
        11 | download.opensuse.org-UpdatedApps  | openSUSE BuildService -     KDE:UpdatedApps          | Oui    | Oui        |   99     | rpm-md |     Index of /repositories/KDE:/UpdatedApps/openSUSE_12.2              |        
        12 | download.opensuse.org-lxde         | openSUSE BuildService -     LXDE                     | Oui    | Oui        |   99     | rpm-md |     Index of /repositories/X11:/lxde/openSUSE_12.2                     |        
        13 | download.opensuse.org-python       | openSUSE BuildService -     devel:languages:python   | Oui    | Oui        |   99     | rpm-md |     Index of /repositories/devel:/languages:/python/openSUSE_12.2      |        
        14 | google-earth                       |     google-earth                                     | Oui    |     Oui        |   99     | rpm-md |     http://dl.google.com/linux/earth/rpm/stable/i386                                       |        
        15 | kernel:stable                      |     kernel:stable                                    | Oui    |     Oui        |   99     | rpm-md |     Index of /repositories/Kernel:/stable/standard                     |        
        16 | openSUSE-12.1-NonOSS-Add-on_12.1-0 |     non-oss122                                       | Oui    |     Oui        |   99     | yast2  |     Index of /distribution/12.2/repo/non-oss                           |        
        17 | openSUSE-12.1_12.1-1.4             | oss122                                               | Oui    | Oui        |   99     | yast2  |     Index of /distribution/12.2/repo/oss                               |        
        18 | openSUSE_12.1_10                   |     kde-49                                           | Oui    |     Oui        |   99     | rpm-md |     Index of /repositories/KDE:/Release:/49/openSUSE_12.2              |        
        19 | openSUSE_12.1_4                    |     libreoffice                                      | Non    |     Oui        |   99     | rpm-md |     Index of /repositories/LibreOffice:/Stable/openSUSE_12.2           |        
        20 | openSUSE_12.1_5                    | mozilla                                              | Oui    | Oui        |   99     | rpm-md |     Index of /repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_12.2                       |        
        21 | openSUSE_12.1_6                    | graphics                                             | Oui    | Oui        |   99     | rpm-md |     Index of /repositories/graphics/openSUSE_12.2                       |        
        22 | openSUSE_12.1_7                    |       qt_razor_gui                                     | Oui    |     Oui        |   99     | rpm-md |     Index of /repositories/X11:/QtDesktop/openSUSE_12.2                |        
        23 | openSUSE_12.1_9                    |     libreoffice_unstable                             | Oui    |     Oui        |   99     | rpm-md |     Index of /repositories/LibreOffice:/Unstable/openSUSE_12.2          |        
        24 | update_non_oss                     |     update_non_oss                                   | Oui    |     Oui        |   99     | rpm-md |     Index of /update/12.2-non-oss                                      |

dd NNTP User

On 11/15/2012 11:36 AM, manchette fr wrote:
    > in my repos aliases were completely different than the names i gave in
    > yast, the way you described above, in fact sometimes they fit, sometimes
    > they don't.

welllllll.....hmmmmmmm, i just looked at mine and can't figure out
    exactly what is actually going on.....but, i can see that the
    instructions i gave (for yast) don't yield the results i *expected*

> i just renamed all the aliases from console
    >
    > > zypper lr -d

i can't look at that jumbled up mess...just use "zypper lr" it gives
    non-folding lines..

--
    dd http://tinyurl.com/DD-Caveat

in my opinion there should be an alias field in yast so that repo's name management is made easier

On 2012-11-15 12:37, dd wrote:
    > On 11/15/2012 11:36 AM, manchette fr wrote:
    >> in my repos aliases were completely different than the names i gave in
    >> yast, the way you described above, in fact sometimes they fit, sometimes
    >> they don't.

>
    > welllllll.....hmmmmmmm, i just looked at mine and can't figure out
    > exactly what is actually going on.....but, i can see that the
    > instructions i gave (for yast) don't yield the results i *expected*

No. With yast you only have access to the name, the alias is adjusted
    automatically following some unknown rules. To change the alias you have
    to use zypper.

--
    Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
    (from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" (Minas Tirith))

On 2012-11-15 13:06, manchette fr wrote:
    >
    > in my opinion there should be an alias field in yast so that repo's name
    > management is made easier

Indeed.
    And a tick column for keep packages.

--
    Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
    (from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" (Minas Tirith))

dd NNTP User

On 11/15/2012 01:28 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
    > To change the alias you have
    > to use zypper.

i learn something everyday...*every* day!

btw, manchette_fr i like your avatar (first i've seen it i think (i
    seldom venture into the http forum)....i saw the original, at the Musée
    d'Orsay i believe...magic!!!

--
    dd

On 11/15/2012 07:28 AM, Carlos E. R. pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
    > On 2012-11-15 12:37, dd wrote:
    >> On 11/15/2012 11:36 AM, manchette fr wrote:
    >>> in my repos aliases were completely different than the names i gave in
    >>> yast, the way you described above, in fact sometimes they fit, sometimes
    >>> they don't.

>> welllllll.....hmmmmmmm, i just looked at mine and can't figure out
    >> exactly what is actually going on.....but, i can see that the
    >> instructions i gave (for yast) don't yield the results i *expected*

> No. With yast you only have access to the name, the alias is adjusted
    > automatically following some unknown rules. To change the alias you have
    > to use zypper.
    >

Or you can easily edit the files in /etc/zypp/repos.d/ using vi or your
    favorite editor. The one in square brackets is the alias.

Ken

dd NNTP User

On 11/15/2012 06:04 PM, Ken Schneider wrote:
    > Or you can easily edit the files in /etc/zypp/repos.d/ using vi or your
    > favorite editor. The one in square brackets is the alias.

THAT is what i call a hot tip!! thanks for sharing!!!

--
    dd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast