Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to change taskbar's font foreground color?

Default how to change taskbar's font foreground color?

after my virgin installation of opensuse 12.2 with KDE, i have fallen in love with it. thanks for your greate work, man.
    but i am a little unhappy with the taskbar's default color theme. its font foreground color is black, this makes me to read the title with a lot of difficulty. i wanna change the foreground color to white, just like windows xp and windows 7. i think there are two way to achieve my goal.
    1. change a suitable theme. but i don't know which one is suitable, where to download, how to install.
    2. modify the default theme. but i dont know what package it is, what configuration files it has. and how to do this.

so any suggestions?
    thanks in advance.

Default Re: how to change taskbar's font foreground color?

after my virgin installation of opensuse 12.2 with KDE, i have fallen in love with it.
    Me Too.

Now your question,
    Open the kickoff launcher and type in the search "configure". You should see a listing show up "configure desktop" click on that to open it. Click on "Workspace Appearance" and then when the new window appears click on "Decktop Themes" and you will see where you can install new themes via button on bottom right. You can customize many things in the theme using the Details tab. Not sure the font color for the panel is one of the items you can customize but hopefully you should find some theme that suits you.

Quote Originally Posted by anika200 View Post
    Me Too.

Now your question,
    Open the kickoff launcher and type in the search "configure". You should see a listing show up "configure desktop" click on that to open it. Click on "Workspace Appearance" and then when the new window appears click on "Decktop Themes" and you will see where you can install new themes via button on bottom right. You can customize many things in the theme using the Details tab. Not sure the font color for the panel is one of the items you can customize but hopefully you should find some theme that suits you.
    thanks for your reply.
    before i asked, i have already investiagted 'desktop themes' but found nothing related to font color configurations.is there anything i missed?

Quote Originally Posted by redhatlinux10 View Post
    • modify the default theme. but i dont know what package it is, what configuration files it has. and how to do this.
    If you change the colors and save the current scheme as 'something', it will be saved in the file ~/.kde4/share/apps/color-schemes/something.colors. The colors are in R-G-B notation.

Quote Originally Posted by please_try_again View Post
    If you change the colors and save the current scheme as 'something', it will be saved in the file ~/.kde4/share/apps/color-schemes/something.colors. The colors are in R-G-B notation.
    still didn't fix my problem.what you talked about should affect applications but not taskbar

change a suitable theme. but i don't know which one is suitable, where to download, how to install.
    Did you look at the other themes as per my post?
    These themes all have white text on a darkish panel, slim-glow, oxygen, elegance.

still didn't fix my problem.what you talked about should affect applications but not taskbar
    Do you mean the bottom panel?

If so : System Settings -> Workspace Appearance -> Desktop themes ... And then choose "Aya" or "Oxygen".

Quote Originally Posted by please_try_again View Post
    Do you mean the bottom panel?

If so : System Settings -> Workspace Appearance -> Desktop themes ... And then choose "Aya" or "Oxygen".
    yes, i do mean the taskbar in the bottom panel.but in my desktop themes, there is no aya or oxygen.
    finally,i have found all configuration files of the default theme. the directory is :
    Code:
    /usr/share/kde4/apps/desktoptheme/default/
    if i modify the file 'colors':
    Code:
    [Colors:Window]
    ForegroundNormal=255,255,255
    i can change taskbar font foreground color to white.

Quote Originally Posted by anika200 View Post
    Did you look at the other themes as per my post?
    These themes all have white text on a darkish panel, slim-glow, oxygen, elegance.
    thanks buddy, these two themes 'Androbit' and 'Caledonia' are good enough for me except that the bottom panel is not transparent.

Blog Entries

thanks buddy, these two themes 'Androbit' and 'Caledonia' are good enough for me except that the bottom panel is not transparent.
    You can even change individual parts of a theme, if you do so, a "custom" theme is auto-created.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast