Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: nfs server refues connection

  1. #1

    Default nfs server refues connection

    Hi
    My nfs server has been working well since i set it up. today i tried to connect and it would not let me.

    I got this messesge
    mount.nfs access denied by server while mounting xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx : Data

    i checked my .etc/exports file
    turned off the firewall ( to check)
    checked the output of rpcinfo -p
    pinged both server and clients
    all ok

    I can't see why nfs does'nt work,
    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,141

    Default Re: nfs server refues connection

    Do you have any restrictions by hostname in /etc/exports? Is it possible that name resolution does not work or changed?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: nfs server refues connection

    On 2012-11-06 03:36, Subzero01 wrote:

    > I got this messesge
    > mount.nfs access denied by server while mounting xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx :


    Look at the logs of the server.

    Updates on any of the two machines?

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" (Minas Tirith))

  4. #4

    Default Re: nfs server refues connection

    Carlos E. R. wrote:
    > On 2012-11-06 03:36, Subzero01 wrote:
    >
    >> I got this messesge
    >> mount.nfs access denied by server while mounting xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx :

    >
    > Look at the logs of the server.


    and the client.
    Also try manually mounting with the -v option

    > Updates on any of the two machines?


    And what version OS and NFS on both machines?
    Please show evidence of NFS version in particular.

  5. #5

    Default Re: nfs server refues connection

    The client is 14.4 and the Server is 12.1 i can't find anything in /var/log/messages i don't know where to find the version info about nfs. Its possible that the client may have updates, however its not possible that the server has updated because its not connected to the internet thanks

  6. #6

    Default Re: nfs server refues connection

    Subzero01 wrote:
    > The client is 14.4 and the Server is 12.1 i can't find anything in
    > /var/log/messages i don't know where to find the version info about nfs.
    > Its possible that the client may have updates, however its not possible
    > that the server has updated because its not connected to the internet
    > thanks


    Well I presume 14.4 is a typo since it doesn't exist. You seem to be not
    concerned to give full answers to questions, or even to check what you
    type. And you seem not to have tried using google. But you want us to
    waste our time answering your questions. I suggest you look at

    http://doc.opensuse.org/documentatio...e/cha.nfs.html
    http://nfs.sourceforge.net/
    http://cgerada.blogspot.co.uk/2012/0...ver-while.html

    and come back with specific questions and *facts* if you're still stuck
    afterwards.

  7. #7

    Default Re: nfs server refues connection

    Sorry i asked, also sorry i wasted your time.

  8. #8

    Default Re: nfs server refues connection

    Quote Originally Posted by Subzero01 View Post
    checked the output of rpcinfo -p
    How about posting it here?
    Also is it nfs3 or nfs4?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •