Thread: ownCloud client on openSUSE 12.2

Default ownCloud client on openSUSE 12.2

openSUSE 12.2

Hi all!

I have a problem with the ownCloud client on openSUSE 12.2 which I don't know to solve out. I have looked into various ownCloud forums and nothing was really helpful. So I thought some other openSUSE users might have the same problem and can help me.

I installed the ownCloud client (version 4.0.8, the same as on the ownCloud host Port Knox) from the openSUSE repository and set up successfully the server connection:

“Trying to connect to ownCloud at https://myname@owncloud.portknox.net...
    Successfully connected to https://myname@owncloud.portknox.net: ownCloud version 4.0.8 (4.0.8)
    Creating local sync folder /home/myname/ownCloud... ok
    The remote folder clientsync already exists. Connecting it for syncing.
    A sync connection from /home/myname/ownCloud to remote directory clientsync was set up.
    Congratulations, your ownCloud can be connected!
    Press Finish to permanently accept this connection.”

When I pressed Finish ownCloud started syncing and gave me following message:

“Syncing Error.
    The target directory ownclouds://myname@owncloud.portknox.net/files/webdav.php/clientsync does not exist.
    Please check the sync setup.”

So, I checked the ownCloud web interface and actually the clientsync folder exists. Afterwards I pasted a file into the sync folder but it did not appear in the web interface (empty folder). I furthermore synced another two folders in order to test and I got the same error message although the folders exist also empty in the web interface.

Any idea what I can do?

Default [solved] ownCloud client on openSUSE 12.2

ok, folks. resolved by third party host...