Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: file SVG, why does open with firefox and not inkscape?

Default file SVG, why does open with firefox and not inkscape?

hello

my opensuse is 12.2, with kde 4.8.5, last update from zypper dup.

then before was worked as fine with inkscape and now open with firefox...why??
    there is restore to open with inkscape always...??
    i did check system kde for assocciation file extention but there is svg with inkscape but not work.. it's open with firefox..****...
    how i can resolve?

thankyou

Default Re: file SVG, why does open with firefox and not inkscape?

Hi, If you are using KDE : right-click an SVG file, then choose "open with". In the drop down manu, choose "Other" an then find your program and tick the check box so that it remembers the file association. HTH Lenwolf

hell
    i did done this "open with" and first place of list for chose open with but not work because it opens with firefox always..where is wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by manuel_songokuh View Post
    hell
    i did done this "open with" and first place of list for chose open with but not work because it opens with firefox always..where is wrong?
    Hi,

Are you sure that you ticked the checkbox saying that you want it to remember the file association ?

HTH

Lenwolf

Quote Originally Posted by lenwolf View Post
    Hi,

Are you sure that you ticked the checkbox saying that you want it to remember the file association ?

HTH

Lenwolf
    yes i did done that checkbox also i checked to system control KDE4 filextention svg is open with inkscape... but not works... maybe problem gnome?

yes i did done that checkbox also i checked to system control KDE4 filextention svg is open with inkscape... but not works... maybe problem gnome?
    Ah right, I had assumed (see my first reply) that you were using KDE. Under Gnome I have no idea how to change the file association, sorry. Lenwolf

Hi, further to my earlier reply, look here: [SOLVED] changing default file associations in gnome 3 - FedoraForum.org to see how to do that for gnome. HTH Lenwolf

Quote Originally Posted by lenwolf View Post
    Hi, further to my earlier reply, look here: [SOLVED] changing default file associations in gnome 3 - FedoraForum.org to see how to do that for gnome. HTH Lenwolf
    hello
    i installed gnome, gnome-control-center for test it, then i open nautilis file svg clicked open with inkscape this is works as perfect but nautilis is default for svg opened with always inkscape, instead... dolphin not work open with inkscape and opened always with firefox... this mean is problem is from dolphin...
    how i can fix to dolphin...?

i tested, konqueror file manager to try it, result: KONQUEROR DOES file svg opened with inkscape!! this mean konqueror perfect worked, nautilis perfect worked, DOLPHIN is not WORKED...but why?
    where is i can check file code? /home/user/.kde4/ where i can see code??

i tested, konqueror file manager to try it, result: KONQUEROR DOES file svg opened with inkscape!! this mean konqueror perfect worked, nautilis perfect worked, DOLPHIN is not WORKED...but why? where is i can check file code? /home/user/.kde4/ where i can see code??
    Hi, have a look here: default programs - How to change file association for files opened in Dolphin from command line in GNOME? - Ask Ubuntu HTH Lenwolf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast