file SVG, why does open with firefox and not inkscape?

hello

my opensuse is 12.2, with kde 4.8.5, last update from zypper dup.

then before was worked as fine with inkscape and now open with firefox…why??
there is restore to open with inkscape always…??
i did check system kde for assocciation file extention but there is svg with inkscape but not work… it’s open with firefox…****…
how i can resolve?

thankyou

Hi, If you are using KDE : right-click an SVG file, then choose “open with”. In the drop down manu, choose “Other” an then find your program and tick the check box so that it remembers the file association. HTH Lenwolf

hell
i did done this “open with” and first place of list for chose open with but not work because it opens with firefox always…where is wrong?

Hi,

Are you sure that you ticked the checkbox saying that you want it to remember the file association ?

HTH

Lenwolf

yes i did done that checkbox also i checked to system control KDE4 filextention svg is open with inkscape… but not works… maybe problem gnome?

Ah right, I had assumed (see my first reply) that you were using KDE. Under Gnome I have no idea how to change the file association, sorry. Lenwolf

Hi, further to my earlier reply, look here: [SOLVED] changing default file associations in gnome 3 - FedoraForum.org](http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=263501) to see how to do that for gnome. HTH Lenwolf

hello
i installed gnome, gnome-control-center for test it, then i open nautilis file svg clicked open with inkscape this is works as perfect but nautilis is default for svg opened with always inkscape, instead… dolphin not work open with inkscape and opened always with firefox… this mean is problem is from dolphin…
how i can fix to dolphin…?

i tested, konqueror file manager to try it, result: KONQUEROR DOES file svg opened with inkscape!! this mean konqueror perfect worked, nautilis perfect worked, DOLPHIN is not WORKED…but why?
where is i can check file code? /home/user/.kde4/ where i can see code??

Hi, have a look here: default programs - How to change file association for files opened in Dolphin from command line in GNOME? - Ask Ubuntu HTH Lenwolf

thank you for other information link ubuntu,
i checked :
~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list

image/svg+xml=inkscape.desktop;gimp.desktop;kde4-kfmclient_html.desktop;kde4-kwrite.desktop;writer.desktop;kde4-kword.desktop;
image/svg+xml-compressed=inkscape.desktop;kde4-karbon.desktop;kde4-ark.desktop;

/usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache

image/svg+xml=gimp.desktop;opera-browser.desktop;kde4-karbon.desktop;inkscape.desktop;
image/svg+xml-compressed=kde4-karbon.desktop;inkscape.desktop;

but this is not problem for GNOME and NAUTILUS
TRUE PROBLEM is DOLPHIN because i did try with KONQUEROR is WORKED as FINE, NAUTILUS WORKED as FINE, DOLPHIN is not WORKED with INKSCAPE but only open with FIREFOX (always)…
maybe problem from FIREFOX or DOLPHIN…this is VERY STRANGE!!!

i done bash:
“kcmshell4 filetypes” i checked that file svg is open with inkscape first place of list and this is correct but dolphin is bug or crazy or tilt?

i have 2 computers:
1 computer office (same problem dolphin not open with inkscape but opened with firefox)
1 computer home (same problem dolphin not open with inkscape but opened with firefox)
then problem is dolphin or firefox… (i believe is problem from dolphin…i need open topic forum from kde-forum?)

Hi, yes, I understand that this is a dolphin problem and that the file opens OK with other programs. However, I’m now at my wit’s end - your suggestion to try this question in a KDE forum seems best to me. Lenwolf

On 2012-10-23 14:06, manuel songokuh wrote:

> i installed gnome, gnome-control-center for test it, then i open
> nautilis file svg clicked open with inkscape this is works as perfect
> but nautilis is default for svg opened with always inkscape, instead…
> dolphin not work open with inkscape and opened always with firefox…
> this mean is problem is from dolphin…
> how i can fix to dolphin…?

Notice that dolphin is a KDE program, not gnome. And perhaps you are
using it under the wrong environment…

On the other hand, you said that you did a zypper dup - that’s an easy
way to break a system if you don’t know what you are doing.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 “Celadon” (Minas Tirith))

hello

i’m resolved!!! how?
simple i did update from kde 4.8.5 to 4.9.3 and work as fine open with inkscape!!
maybe 4.8.5 has a bug… not know…
thank you!!!