Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UMTS Card Dell DW5550 (identical to Ericsson F5521gw) no longer works after upgrade to 12.2 (64bit)

Default Re: UMTS Card Dell DW5550 (identical to Ericsson F5521gw) no longer works after upgrade to 12.2 (64b

Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    The KDE graphical front-end is actually served by a plasmoid (plasmoid-networkmanagement package). I would recommend filing a bug report.

https://bugzilla.novell.com/index.cgi
    done that, thank you.

Default Re: UMTS Card Dell DW5550 (identical to Ericsson F5521gw) no longer works after upgrade to 12.2 (64b

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgangcr View Post
    done that, thank you.
    I wonder what is supposed to happen next? My report (https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=784996) has been sitting there for more than 2 weeks and absolutely nothing happens about it.

It does not occur to me that my hardware, or my wish to use it, is anything particular exotic.

Maybe there are too few people to do anything, but why on earth did then somebody have time to actively remove a necessary feature during the upgrade from 12.1?

Blog Entries

Maybe there are too few people to do anything, but why on earth did then somebody have time to actively remove a necessary feature during the upgrade from 12.1?
    I doubt that it was intentional, just an unfortunate regression.

It might be worthwhile reporting it upstream:

NetworkManagement - KDE UserBase Wiki

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123