Thread: SAMBA Permissions Question

Default SAMBA Permissions Question

I am trying to get SAMBA working as a PDC with OpenLDAP on a test server to specific groups to certain shares. I have given the shares rights such as User has full rights / Group has full rights and Other has Read-only rights with chmod.

I have created several users and linked them to SAMBA and placed them into specific groups. It only allows for the group that has been assigned either by Samba and or chmod to have full rights to the share but no other group can access the share.

What options do I need to add to a share to allow specific groups RWX and Others Read-only?

Just wondering,
    Ken

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SAMBA Permissions Question

Quote Originally Posted by RLMILLIES View Post
    I am trying to get SAMBA working as a PDC with OpenLDAP on a test server to specific groups to certain shares. I have given the shares rights such as User has full rights / Group has full rights and Other has Read-only rights with chmod.

I have created several users and linked them to SAMBA and placed them into specific groups. It only allows for the group that has been assigned either by Samba and or chmod to have full rights to the share but no other group can access the share.

What options do I need to add to a share to allow specific groups RWX and Others Read-only?

Just wondering,
    Ken
    Here are a few suggested links you might want to look at on Samba:

openSUSE SuSE Linux HOWTOs and Tutorials by Swerdna

AND

Samba S.W.A.T. - Samba Web Administration Tool Setup for openSUSE - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

AND

SWAT - Samba Web Administration Tool - Setup & Creation Script - 1.03 - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

AND

S.A.F.P. - SUSE Automated File Permissions - Version 1.0.4 - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas