Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wine - cannot connect to server

Unhappy Wine - cannot connect to server

I am trying to use Evernote's Windows client (because the Linux one - nixnote - isn't up to the mark) on SUSE 12.2. It uses SSL connection and is apparently unable to access internet. How can I solve this problem? Thanks.

Default Re: Wine - cannot connect to server

Here is the error log when I attempt to run the program from command line:

Code:
    rahul@linux-aypd:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Evernote/Evernote> wine Evernote.exe
    p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: /usr/lib/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    fixme:msg:ChangeWindowMessageFilter 4a 00000001
    fixme:msg:ChangeWindowMessageFilter c03f 00000001
    fixme:msg:ChangeWindowMessageFilter c03e 00000001
    fixme:msg:ChangeWindowMessageFilter c041 00000001
    fixme:msg:ChangeWindowMessageFilter c040 00000001
    err:winediag:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Direct rendering is disabled, most likely your OpenGL drivers haven't been installed correctly (using GL renderer "Mesa DRI Intel(R) 946GZ ", version "1.4 (2.1 Mesa 8.0.4)").
    err:wgl:is_extension_supported No OpenGL extensions found, check if your OpenGL setup is correct!
    err:wgl:is_extension_supported No OpenGL extensions found, check if your OpenGL setup is correct!
    fixme:shell:SetCurrentProcessExplicitAppUserModelID L"Evernote.Evernote.Client.4": stub
    err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {77f10cf0-3db5-4966-b520-b7c54fd35ed6} not registered
    err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {77f10cf0-3db5-4966-b520-b7c54fd35ed6} could be created for context 0x1
    err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {6bf52a52-394a-11d3-b153-00c04f79faa6} not registered
    err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {6bf52a52-394a-11d3-b153-00c04f79faa6} could be created for context 0x1
    fixme:wininet:query_global_option INTERNET_OPTION_CONNECTED_STATE: semi-stub
    fixme:wininet:InternetAttemptConnect Stub
    fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT/DATA_SEND_TIMEOUT 60000
    fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT/DATA_SEND_TIMEOUT 300000
    err:wininet:NETCON_secure_connect SSL_connect failed: 12157

@missingfaktor

Have you run the program winetricks?

its now part of the wine package

after running this program, updating windows based programs via the internet has
    not been a problem on my system

I do not know if it is necessary but in my case, the following also had to be
    installed

iexplorer (HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer","Version",,"8.0.6001.18702")
    and
    AdbeRdr950_en_US.exe (added as Windows XP application)
    (NB other versions did not work for me)

best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by keellambert View Post
    @missingfaktor

Have you run the program winetricks?

its now part of the wine package

after running this program, updating windows based programs via the internet has
    not been a problem on my system

I do not know if it is necessary but in my case, the following also had to be
    installed

iexplorer (HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer","Version",,"8.0.6001.18702")
    and
    AdbeRdr950_en_US.exe (added as Windows XP application)
    (NB other versions did not work for me)

best of luck
    Thank you for your response.

I am afraid I do not understand most of it. This is the dialog box I get when I run winetricks.

I do not know what to do next. I clicked "Install an app" but that gave a list of apps which did not contain the apps you mentioned. Nor was there an option to refresh apps list or install an app other than the ones specified.

Also I am not trying to update any program. I am only trying to get Evernote working.

sw can change very rapidly

try selecting 'Select the default wineprefix'
    then 'Install a Windows DLL or component'
    then look for the iexplorer of your choice. I went with ie8

then select, click ok and see how it goes

have fun

Quote Originally Posted by keellambert View Post
    sw can change very rapidly

try selecting 'Select the default wineprefix'
    then 'Install a Windows DLL or component'
    then look for the iexplorer of your choice. I went with ie8

then select, click ok and see how it goes

have fun
    I installed IE as you suggested. It did not help.

A friend of mine helped me solve the issue. Download the latest version of PlayOnLinux, then from within it, get wine version 1.4, and install Evernote on a new virtual drive using this exact version of wine. Then it works.

Thanks again to whoever replied!

good to hear you have it working

thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by missingfaktor View Post
    A friend of mine helped me solve the issue. Download the latest version of PlayOnLinux, then from within it, get wine version 1.4, and install Evernote on a new virtual drive using this exact version of wine. Then it works. Thanks again to whoever replied!
    I am having the exact same problem, and like you, nixnote is still just too buggy to be of good use for me. I need something that works now. But can you possibly describe in more detail how you installed PlayOnLinux? Because there is not an opensuse rpm available from their website. I see that there is one available on packman. Did you use that? Thanks, G.O.

Ok, just for clarification, I downloaded PlayOnLinux from the packman repository, but I cannot figure out how to install wine 1.4 from "within" PlayOnLinux or how to set up a separate virtual drive from within PlayOnLinux. Can someone explain how to do that? The list of available wine versions from within PlayOnLinux on my machine only goes up to 1.3.31.

Also, in PlayOnLinux, it looks like you have to have an installer script for every application. Did you write your own installer script for evernote?

Thanks, G.O.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast