Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: openSuSE 12.2: taglib and non-ascii id3 entries

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Frankfurt, Germany

    Default openSuSE 12.2: taglib and non-ascii id3 entries


    Last week, I've installed openSuSE 12.2 on two laptops, one 64 bit and a 32 bit netbook. There were no problems in the installation, and I've immediately upgraded to kde 4.9.1 from the repos.

    In amarok (and also pinkytagger, a tool for editing id3 entries of mp3 files and also some other tagging applications, I don't remember in detail anymore) id3 entries with non-ascii characters (in my case German umlauts) have been distorted. After some googling and playing around I figured out that taglib is the culprit. Also upgrading to taglib 1.8 from the KDE:UNSTABLE:PLAYGROUND repository has not helped.

    What helped was to download the taglib 1.8 sources from the official homepage

    and compiling them myself helped. It worked under both the 64 bit and the 32 bit system.

  2. #2

    Default Re: openSuSE 12.2: taglib and non-ascii id3 entries

    Quote Originally Posted by vanhees71 View Post
    Better do that in -> or you are going to have the exact same problem in the next openSUSE version.

    It's probably related to the rusxmms patch in the openSUSE package.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts