Can't resize encrypted home directory

When I open up Yast, users -> edit user -> I have a checkbox checked on “Use encrypted home directory” and next to it is the size. If I change the size, I get an error that the device (dev/mapper/_janne.img or something like that) is busy and cannot be resized.

But after this the yast shows the new size in the edit user dialog. But df shows that the encrypted filesystem is still the old size.

I then created a new user, logged in with that user and tried to resize the other users home directory again through Yast. I got the exact same error message.

How can I resize the encrypted home folder of a single user.

I tried unmountin the /home/janne (where janne is again my username), but when that succeeds, Yast refuses to start.

Thanks,
janne

I am not fluent with this situation, but t seems logical to me that you can not change as long as you are inside it. Thus you must be loged out as janne when you want to change there. Thus either use YaST from another user, or go to the console (Ctrl-Alt-F1, log in there as root and call

yast

from there. It will give you the ncusres interface (use Tab and Return keys and/or Alt-<bold-character> to work there).
Maybe this helps.

On 2012-09-14 08:06, vertti wrote:
>
> I then created a new user, logged in with that user and tried to resize
> the other users home directory again through Yast. I got the exact same
> error message.

I understand that you try to resize user A home when logged as user B, is that it? Try this
after booting.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 12.1 x86_64 “Asparagus” at Telcontar)