Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: openSUSE 12.2 checksum does not mach

  1. #1

    Default openSUSE 12.2 checksum does not mach

    I am trying to download openSUSE 12.2 4.7gb dvd. I tried all download methods, but always checksum does not mach. Can someone explain me why it is that and how can I download valid installation?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,079

    Default Re: openSUSE 12.2 checksum does not mach

    On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 21:56:01 +0000, kastasparzveeru wrote:

    > I am trying to download openSUSE 12.2 4.7gb dvd. I tried all download
    > methods, but always checksum does not mach. Can someone explain me why
    > it is that and how can I download valid installation?


    Did you do a torrent download? If you did, that should solve the checksum
    issue since bittorrent does checksum validation along the way (with each
    chunk) as well.

    Jim
    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  3. #3

    Default Re: openSUSE 12.2 checksum does not mach

    First I tried direct link, then torrent, then metalink with DownThemAll addon. I am using windows 7 professional 64 bit, bittorrent client - µTorrent 3.2
    For checking checksum I am using WinMD5Sum, HashCalc and FastSum.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    612

    Default Re: openSUSE 12.2 checksum does not mach

    I have known some windows programs for checking sums to fail. Most certainly download using torrent and then use the torrent clients built in check tool. Then when you burn the cd use the built in one on the cd. SDBownload help - openSUSE

  5. #5

    Default Re: openSUSE 12.2 checksum does not mach

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwishfan View Post
    I have known some windows programs for checking sums to fail. Most certainly download using torrent and then use the torrent clients built in check tool. Then when you burn the cd use the built in one on the cd. SDBownload help - openSUSE
    I use 3 different programs. When I check downloaded file with µTorrent Re-Check I got Wasted: 1.82MB (2 hashfails).
    I plan to mount .iso on usb insted of dvd, but first I need valid .iso file.

  6. #6
    dd@home.dk NNTP User

    Default Re: openSUSE 12.2 checksum does not mach

    On 09/12/2012 01:46 AM, kastasparzveeru wrote:
    >
    > I use 3 different programs. When I check downloaded file with µTorrent
    > Re-Check I got Wasted: 1.82MB (2 hashfails).
    > I plan to mount .iso on usb insted of dvd, but first I need valid .iso
    > file.


    -=WELCOME=- new poster! cool that you ask _before_ you proceed!!

    first: make sure you are checking against the correct sum...there are
    several (md5, sha1, 32 bit and 64 bit)

    MD5:
    26dd6c187f743f3af0cbb31eed138a07 openSUSE-12.2-DVD-x86_64.iso *64
    0373980cd6f270e1172067b86c044633 openSUSE-12.2-DVD-i586.iso *32

    SHA1
    d11be17560c2b68fddf931a6ae0b2947bd009a10 openSUSE-12.2-DVD-x86_64.iso
    a73c877f4f52f80dd7d5b768801597727200a7c5 openSUSE-12.2-DVD-i586.iso

    second: you must not be downloading to or through a FAT file system as
    it can't take all the bits..

    read more on exactly how to get and check a good iso
    http://en.opensuse.org/SDBownload_help

    and, once you boot from the iso you should see something like this,
    http://tinyurl.com/3qde66h (not exactly like that, as it is from an
    older version) where you should first select and run "Check Installation
    Media"....it WILL take a while to run, WAIT for it to complete and
    report...._then_ reboot and select "Installation"..

    but: if you are new to openSUSE, you really need to read/understand and
    follow the advice in these...so read BEFORE you install:

    1.
    http://forums.opensuse.org/english/g...ease-read.html

    2.
    http://forums.opensuse.org/english/g...ease-read.html

    and, this will give you an idea of how the install should proceed:

    3.
    http://doc.opensuse.org/documentatio...tallquick.html


    let us know how you get on...and, shout when you need help....lots to
    learn here....bring some patience and face it as a challenging endeavor!

    --
    dd
    http://tinyurl.com/DD-Caveat

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,079

    Default Re: openSUSE 12.2 checksum does not mach

    On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 22:46:01 +0000, kastasparzveeru wrote:

    > First I tried direct link, then torrent, then metalink with DownThemAll
    > addon. I am using windows 7 professional 64 bit, bittorrent client -
    > µTorrent 3.2 For checking checksum I am using WinMD5Sum, HashCalc and
    > FastSum.



    Odd, bittorrent should pull it without an issue. If you're using IE,
    it's been known with versions on WinXP and (as I recall) Vista - and
    posssibly Win7 that a DVD image is too large and the download fails when
    it hits the size limit. (I don't recall the specific size details as
    it's been a long time since I used Windows to download anything).

    I'd also concur that making sure you're using the proper checksum - both
    the algorithm (MD5, SHA1, etc) and the file itself would be good.

    What size is the downloaded file you've ended up with?

    And just to clarify, where specifically are you downloading from?

    Jim

    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •