After upgrading my main 64 bit PC to openSUSE 12.2 my online banking application for Migros Bank, M-BancNet which runs off a Kobil USB stick, didn't work. This application is notoriously difficult to get started yet was working quite well under 12.1. For what it's worth here is what I did to get it running on on openSUSE 12.2:

In addition to whatever packages I have installed since the initial install of 12.2 I needed to install the 32bit versions of these packages:
Code:
zypper in xulrunner-32bit
zypper in libsqlite3-0-32bit  # not 100% convinced this is needed...
Starting the app is fussy as it expects the directory to be called M-IDentity with exactly that spelling and upper/lowercasing.
When I plug in the stick it usually attaches itself as /dev/sr1 See /var/log/messages
I then have the following concatenated command to create the directory, mount it and start the application. (Yes, this needs to run as root):


Code:
cd /media/; mkdir -p M-IDentity; mount /dev/sr1 M-IDentity; cd M-IDentity; ./Start_M-IDentity_Linux
If it silently fails you can debug it if you are fast enough: The app writes a logfile starting with ksf into the /tmp directory. When it shuts down, it removes this. The trick is to start the app up on one terminal and in the other have a cp command at the ready that copies the logfile to a less volatile location. Something like
Code:
cp -r /tmp/ksf* ~/
I hope this helps someone!