Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Software update app fails on fresh install of 12.2 gnome.

  1. #1

    Default Software update app fails on fresh install of 12.2 gnome.

    Every time I try to use software update it fails. Has anyone else been able to use this app?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,719
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Software update app fails on fresh install of 12.2 gnome.

    Not using gnome
    But try

    Code:
    su-
    zypper patch
    Leap 15_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  3. #3

    Default Re: Software update app fails on fresh install of 12.2 gnome.

    Thanks for the help. Already found out how to do it in the terminal on some other site. Was more wondering if this is broken for everyone and if it is, is there a fix.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,311
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Software update app fails on fresh install of 12.2 gnome.

    Quote Originally Posted by mattsholtz
    Every time I try to use software update it fails. Has anyone else been
    able to use this app?

    Hi
    No issues here, if you open a terminal and run;
    Code:
    gpk-update-viewer
    Or do you mean YaST or zypper?

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 12.2 (x86_64) Kernel 3.4.6-2.10-desktop
    up 3:10, 4 users, load average: 0.51, 0.18, 0.14
    CPU Intel i5 CPU M520@2.40GHz | Intel Arrandale GPU


  5. #5

    Default Re: Software update app fails on fresh install of 12.2 gnome.

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    No issues here, if you open a terminal and run;
    Code:
    gpk-update-viewer
    Or do you mean YaST or zypper?

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 12.2 (x86_64) Kernel 3.4.6-2.10-desktop
    up 3:10, 4 users, load average: 0.51, 0.18, 0.14
    CPU Intel i5 CPU M520@2.40GHz | Intel Arrandale GPU
    That's the one. I put gpk-update-viewer into terminal and the software update app comes up. I click on Install Updates and I get a box that pops up that says "Could not update Packages: Failed to Process Packages". If I click on "More details" it says "Failed: failed". This has happened on two different clean installs now. Not sure how to get it working.

    This is the error Terminal had. "PackageKit-WARNING **: internal error: failed, but no exit code: failed"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,719
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Software update app fails on fresh install of 12.2 gnome.

    Quote Originally Posted by mattsholtz View Post
    That's the one. I put gpk-update-viewer into terminal and the software update app comes up. I click on Install Updates and I get a box that pops up that says "Could not update Packages: Failed to Process Packages". If I click on "More details" it says "Failed: failed". This has happened on two different clean installs now. Not sure how to get it working.

    This is the error Terminal had. "PackageKit-WARNING **: internal error: failed, but no exit code: failed"
    Try running
    zypper patch

    twice
    then reboot
    Leap 15_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,719
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Software update app fails on fresh install of 12.2 gnome.

    I installed 12.2 Gnome
    I have no issues with the updater
    Just FYI folk
    Leap 15_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,311
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Software update app fails on fresh install of 12.2 gnome.

    Quote Originally Posted by mattsholtz
    malcolmlewis;2484402 Wrote:
    > Hi
    > No issues here, if you open a terminal and run;
    > >

    Code:
    --------------------
    > >

    > gpk-update-viewer
    >

    --------------------
    > >

    > Or do you mean YaST or zypper?
    >
    > --
    > Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    > openSUSE 12.2 (x86_64) Kernel 3.4.6-2.10-desktop
    > up 3:10, 4 users, load average: 0.51, 0.18, 0.14
    > CPU Intel i5 CPU M520@2.40GHz | Intel Arrandale GPU


    That's the one. I put gpk-update-viewer into terminal and the software
    update app comes up. I click on Install Updates and I get a box that
    pops up that says "Could not update Packages: Failed to Process
    Packages". If I click on "More details" it says "Failed: failed". This
    has happened on two different clean installs now. Not sure how to get it
    working.

    This is the error Terminal had. "PackageKit-WARNING **: internal error:
    failed, but no exit code: failed"

    Hi
    Can you confirm if it's still failing to update for you?

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 12.2 (x86_64) Kernel 3.4.6-2.10-desktop
    up 1 day 1:31, 4 users, load average: 0.25, 0.19, 0.11
    CPU Intel i5 CPU M520@2.40GHz | Intel Arrandale GPU


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,311
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Software update app fails on fresh install of 12.2 gnome.

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsholtz
    malcolmlewis;2484402 Wrote:
    > Hi
    > No issues here, if you open a terminal and run;
    > >

    Code:
    --------------------
    > >

    > gpk-update-viewer
    >

    --------------------
    > >

    > Or do you mean YaST or zypper?
    >
    > --
    > Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    > openSUSE 12.2 (x86_64) Kernel 3.4.6-2.10-desktop
    > up 3:10, 4 users, load average: 0.51, 0.18, 0.14
    > CPU Intel i5 CPU M520@2.40GHz | Intel Arrandale GPU


    That's the one. I put gpk-update-viewer into terminal and the software
    update app comes up. I click on Install Updates and I get a box that
    pops up that says "Could not update Packages: Failed to Process
    Packages". If I click on "More details" it says "Failed: failed". This
    has happened on two different clean installs now. Not sure how to get it
    working.

    This is the error Terminal had. "PackageKit-WARNING **: internal error:
    failed, but no exit code: failed"

    Hi
    Can you confirm if it's still failing to update for you?
    Hi
    OK, I struck it and have raised a bug: https://bugzilla.novell.com/780058

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 12.2 (x86_64) Kernel 3.4.6-2.10-desktop
    up 1 day 23:11, 4 users, load average: 0.04, 0.10, 0.13
    CPU Intel i5 CPU M520@2.40GHz | Intel Arrandale GPU


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,719
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Software update app fails on fresh install of 12.2 gnome.

    Sorry, but I missed seeing this with the latest Java update etc.... I forgot and I used zypper up
    Leap 15_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •