Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dolphin thumbnauil

Default Dolphin thumbnauil

Guys, this question may have been asked earlier so apologize for re posting it.

I have installed the necessary stuff for video/image thumbnail viewing but I just cannot seem to get it.

Help appreciated.

Default Re: Dolphin thumbnail

Have you clicked on the "Preview" button?

In addition, navigate to Settings --> Configure Dolphin --> General -->Previews tab --> Show previews for

Place a check mark next to the items that you want a preview image. Click on the "OK" button to confirm.
    My Linux Box
    openSUSE 51.1 - Plasma 5.12.8
    Tumbleweed Plasma 5.16.4
    ASUS P5Q | Intel Quad 6600 @3.02 GHz | 8GB G.SKILL RAM | Nvidia GeForce 750 Ti

Default Re: Dolphin thumbnail

Quote Originally Posted by Romanator View Post
    Have you clicked on the "Preview" button?

In addition, navigate to Settings --> Configure Dolphin --> General -->Previews tab --> Show previews for

Place a check mark next to the items that you want a preview image. Click on the "OK" button to confirm.

Yeah I have done all that but no luck. I have Mplayerthumbs / kffmpegthumb , kdemultimedia , graphics , suse has been updated too.

Default Re: Dolphin thumbnauil

Try navigating to View --> View Mode --> Icons And then... View --> Adjust View Properties. Ensure that Preview has a check mark.

Also, you may have to increase the zoom. If the zoom is too low, the thumbnails do not show up.
    My Linux Box
    Tumbleweed Plasma 5.16.4

Quote Originally Posted by Romanator View Post
    Try navigating to View --> View Mode --> Icons And then... View --> Adjust View Properties. Ensure that Preview has a check mark.

Also, you may have to increase the zoom. If the zoom is too low, the thumbnails do not show up.
    tried everythng

Follow up

Please ensure that under Dolphin Preferences --> General --> Behavior tab select "Use common view properties for all folders". Click on "Apply" and "OK" buttons.

Next to the "Behavior" tab select "Previews" tab --- under ---- "Do not create previews for"
    Local files above: Increase from 3 to 15 MB

Click on the "Apply" and "OK" buttons. Now try toggling the Preview button on and off. It should be working. My Dolphin is working.

Finally... Navigate to View --> Panels --> Information. This allows you to view file information on the right side of Dolphin.

If all else fails try reinstalling KDE from Yast by selecting the repo name then "Package" --> "All in This List" --> "Update unconditionally".
    My Linux Box
    Tumbleweed Plasma 5.16.4

Well still nothing and kaffiene wants codecs when all codecs are installed. I had faced this problem in Arch Linux , will try reinstalling kde.

Blog Entries

will try reinstalling kde.
    Totally unnecessary
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    Totally unnecessary

then ?
    I have mplayerthumb / kdemultimedia / kffmpegthumb all installed.

Blog Entries

mplayerthumb
    kdemultimedia

One or the other, not both
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast