Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: gnucash on opensuse 12.2: ERROR: file: "libguile-srfi-srfi-1-v-3", message: "file not found"

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Zurich
    Posts
    15

    Default gnucash on opensuse 12.2: ERROR: file: "libguile-srfi-srfi-1-v-3", message: "file not found"

    Installed 64 bit OpenSUSE 12.2 right after the release yesterday. Installed gnucash. On first run there was some dialog about settings but main GUI never came up. When starting gnucash the spash screen briefly pops up and then crashes with the message:

    user@host:~> gnucash
    gnc.bin-Message: main: binreloc relocation support was disabled at configure time.

    ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
    ERROR: file: "libguile-srfi-srfi-1-v-3", message: "file not found"
    richi@zwirgli:~>

    Google reveals that there might be an issue with the guile library?

    How to remediate?

    TIA
    Richard

  2. #2

    Default Re: gnucash on opensuse 12.2: ERROR: file:

    On Thu, 06 Sep 2012 06:36:02 GMT
    richardeigenmann <richardeigenmann@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

    >
    > Installed 64 bit OpenSUSE 12.2 right after the release yesterday.
    > Installed gnucash. On first run there was some dialog about settings
    > but main GUI never came up. When starting gnucash the spash screen
    > briefly pops up and then crashes with the message:
    >
    > user@host:~> gnucash
    > gnc.bin-Message: main: binreloc relocation support was disabled at
    > configure time.
    >
    > ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
    > ERROR: file: "libguile-srfi-srfi-1-v-3", message: "file not found"
    > richi@zwirgli:~>
    >
    > Google reveals that there might be an issue with the guile library?
    >
    > How to remediate?
    >


    No idea, but I've got exactly the same error.
    I've used versions 2.4.11 from Update and Gnome-apps repos.


    --
    Graham Davis, Bracknell, Berks.
    openSUSE 12.2 (64-bit); KDE 4.9.1; AMD Phenom II X2 550 Processor;
    Video: nVidia GeForce 210 (using nouveau driver);
    Sound: ATI SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA); Wireless: BCM4306

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,654

    Default Re: gnucash on opensuse 12.2: ERROR: file: "libguile-srfi-srfi-1-v-3",

    Am 06.09.2012 18:05, schrieb Graham P Davis:
    >> ERROR: file: "libguile-srfi-srfi-1-v-3", message: "file not found"


    There is a libguile-srfi-srfi-1-v-3-3 package, is that installed?

    --
    PC: oS 12.2 x86_64 | i7-2600@3.40GHz | 16GB | KDE 4.8.4 | GeForce GT 420
    ThinkPad E320: oS 12.2 x86_64 | i3@2.30GHz | 8GB | KDE 4.8.4 | HD 3000
    eCAFE 800: oS 12.1 i586 | AMD Geode LX 800@500MHz | 512MB | KDE 3.5.10

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Zurich
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: gnucash on opensuse 12.2: ERROR: file: "libguile-srfi-srfi-1-v-3",

    Thanks

    zypper in libguile-srfi-srfi-1-v-3-3

    Fixed the issue.

    Perhaps the dependency could be added to the gnucash package?

    Regards,
    Richard

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,654

    Default Re: gnucash on opensuse 12.2: ERROR: file: "libguile-srfi-srfi-1-v-3",

    You need to make a bugreport for that, the developers do not read the
    forums as far as I know.
    https://bugzilla.novell.com
    login is the same as for the forum.


    --
    PC: oS 12.2 x86_64 | i7-2600@3.40GHz | 16GB | KDE 4.8.4 | GeForce GT 420
    ThinkPad E320: oS 12.2 x86_64 | i3@2.30GHz | 8GB | KDE 4.8.4 | HD 3000
    eCAFE 800: oS 12.1 i586 | AMD Geode LX 800@500MHz | 512MB | KDE 3.5.10

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,824
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: gnucash on opensuse 12.2: ERROR: file:

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Helm
    You need to make a bugreport for that, the
    developers do not read the forums as far as I know.
    https://bugzilla.novell.com
    login is the same as for the forum.
    Hi
    I've made them aware

    @richardeigenmann please raise a bug report, I will assign it to the
    right person.

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 12.2 (x86_64) Kernel 3.4.6-2.10-desktop
    up 20:35, 3 users, load average: 0.21, 0.17, 0.20
    CPU Intel i5 CPU M520@2.40GHz | Intel Arrandale GPU


  7. #7

    Default Re: gnucash on opensuse 12.2: ERROR: file:

    On Thu, 06 Sep 2012 20:03:20 GMT
    malcolmlewis <malcolmlewis@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

    >
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Helm
    You need to make a bugreport for that, the
    > developers do not read the forums as far as I know.
    > https://bugzilla.novell.com
    > login is the same as for the forum.
    >
    > Hi
    > I've made them aware
    >
    > @richardeigenmann please raise a bug report, I will assign it to the
    > right person.
    >


    There are a couple of reports already. The active one is
    https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=779458

    --
    Graham Davis, Bracknell, Berks.
    openSUSE 12.2 (64-bit); KDE 4.9.1; AMD Phenom II X2 550 Processor;
    Video: nVidia GeForce 210 (using nouveau driver);
    Sound: ATI SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA); Wireless: BCM4306

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,824
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: gnucash on opensuse 12.2: ERROR: file:

    Quote Originally Posted by Graham P Davis
    On Thu, 06 Sep 2012 20:03:20 GMT
    malcolmlewis <malcolmlewis@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

    >
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Helm
    You need to make a bugreport for that, the
    > developers do not read the forums as far as I know.
    > https://bugzilla.novell.com
    > login is the same as for the forum.
    >
    > Hi
    > I've made them aware
    >
    > @richardeigenmann please raise a bug report, I will assign it to the
    > right person.
    >


    There are a couple of reports already. The active one is
    https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=779458
    Hi Graham
    Thanks for the heads up, I see Dominique has assigned it to himself

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 12.2 (x86_64) Kernel 3.4.6-2.10-desktop
    up 1 day 1:05, 3 users, load average: 0.30, 0.13, 0.08
    CPU Intel i5 CPU M520@2.40GHz | Intel Arrandale GPU


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Germany / Saxony / Chemnitz
    Posts
    40

    Default Re: gnucash on opensuse 12.2: ERROR: file:

    Hi all,
    Unfortunately installing libguile-srfi-srfi-1-v-3-3 helped me only a few days.
    I did an update on Sept 18, some components of libguile were updated and
    now GnuCash won't start -> I don't get beyond the splash

    the terminal gives:
    > gnucash
    gnc.bin-Message: main: binreloc relocation support was disabled at configure time.

    WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /run/user/ralf/keyring-chVysw/pkcs11: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
    Backtrace:
    In unknown file:
    ?: 0* [primitive-load-path "slib/guile.init"]

    <unnamed port>: In procedure primitive-load-path in expression (primitive-load-path name):
    <unnamed port>: Unable to find file "slib/guile.init" in load path

    what do I need to do or downgrade?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,824
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: gnucash on opensuse 12.2: ERROR: file:

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickfell
    Hi all,
    Unfortunately installing libguile-srfi-srfi-1-v-3-3 helped me only a
    few days.
    I did an update on Sept 18, some components of libguile were updated
    and
    now GnuCash won't start -> I don't get beyond the splash

    the terminal gives:
    > gnucash

    gnc.bin-Message: main: binreloc relocation support was disabled at
    configure time.

    WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to:
    /run/user/ralf/keyring-chVysw/pkcs11: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht
    gefunden
    Backtrace:
    In unknown file:
    ?: 0* [primitive-load-path "slib/guile.init"]

    <unnamed port>: In procedure primitive-load-path in expression
    (primitive-load-path name):
    <unnamed port>: Unable to find file "slib/guile.init" in load path

    what do I need to do or downgrade?

    Hi
    Have a look here;
    https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=780827#c18

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 12.2 (x86_64) Kernel 3.4.6-2.10-desktop
    up 3 days 1:55, 4 users, load average: 0.23, 0.36, 0.46
    CPU Intel i5 CPU M520@2.40GHz | Intel Arrandale GPU


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •