Help please installing Leia-ds from source.

Hi, am stuck here trying to install Leia-ds from source on the following system:-

System: openSUSE 12.1 (i586)
KDE: 4.7.2 (4.7.2) “release 5”

I followed the instructions on the leia website:-

Installation on Linux (from the sources) Browse to Directory listing and download the newest file with the naming scheme “leiads_0.x-x.tar.gz”, and unpack it. Afterwards you can compile Leia with “make” and install it with “sudo make install”.

Having installed dependencies thus:-

Prerequisites on OpenSuse systems: “sudo zypper install gcc make gtk2-devel”

The gcc, make & gtk2 installation went OK except that I received messages that there was no update candidate and latest version already installed, which are all more recent than required, but I received error message from the install as follows:

make
gcc -o leiads src/leia-ds.c src/browser.c src/playlist.c src/playlist_file.c src/now_playing.c src/about.c src/info.c src/lastfm.c src/radiotime.c src/metadata.c src/select_renderer.c src/settings.c src/transport.c src/volume.c src/intl.c src/keybd.c src/miscellaneous.c src/debug.c src/md5.c src/princess/media_renderer.c src/princess/linn_source.c src/princess/linn_preamp.c src/princess/upnp_media_renderer.c src/princess/upnp_media_server.c src/princess/upnp.c src/princess/upnp_list.c src/princess/upnp_xml.c src/princess/upnp_private.c `pkg-config gtk+-2.0 gthread-2.0 --cflags --libs` -Wall -pedantic -DLOGLEVEL=0 -Wno-overlength-strings -Wno-format-security -DRADIOTIME_LINN_DS=1
src/leia-ds.c: In function ‘close_renderer’:
src/leia-ds.c:1479:6: warning: variable ‘err’ set but not used -Wunused-but-set-variable]
src/playlist.c: In function ‘playlist_play_track’:
src/playlist.c:1135:13: warning: variable ‘success’ set but not used -Wunused-but-set-variable]
src/info.c: In function ‘GetDuration’:
src/info.c:718:15: warning: unused variable ‘n’ -Wunused-variable]
src/info.c:727:15: warning: unused variable ‘n’ -Wunused-variable]
src/lastfm.c: In function ‘GetLastfmRadioItem’:
src/lastfm.c:232:2: warning: enumeration value ‘NUM_LASTFM_KEYS’ not handled in switch -Wswitch]
src/metadata.c: In function ‘get_ogg_metadata’:
src/metadata.c:257:12: warning: variable ‘CRC_checksum’ set but not used -Wunused-but-set-variable]
src/metadata.c:256:12: warning: variable ‘page_sequence_number’ set but not used -Wunused-but-set-variable]
src/metadata.c:255:12: warning: variable ‘bitstream_serial_number’ set but not used -Wunused-but-set-variable]
src/metadata.c:254:31: warning: variable ‘granule_position2’ set but not used -Wunused-but-set-variable]
src/metadata.c:254:12: warning: variable ‘granule_position1’ set but not used -Wunused-but-set-variable]
src/metadata.c:253:12: warning: variable ‘version’ set but not used -Wunused-but-set-variable]
src/metadata.c: In function ‘xml_string_append_id3v2_PIC’:
src/metadata.c:539:29: warning: variable ‘description’ set but not used -Wunused-but-set-variable]
src/metadata.c: In function ‘xml_string_append_id3v2_APIC’:
src/metadata.c:621:26: warning: variable ‘description’ set but not used -Wunused-but-set-variable]
src/princess/media_renderer.c: In function ‘handle_playlist_event’:
src/princess/media_renderer.c:2998:8: warning: variable ‘tracks’ set but not used -Wunused-but-set-variable]
src/princess/upnp.c: In function ‘set_sockaddr’:
src/princess/upnp.c:159:11: warning: variable ‘hl_addr’ set but not used -Wunused-but-set-variable]
src/princess/upnp.c: In function ‘http_get_http’:
src/princess/upnp.c:1380:14: warning: variable ‘http_result’ set but not used -Wunused-but-set-variable]
src/princess/upnp.c: In function ‘_http_stop_server’:
src/princess/upnp.c:1720:9: warning: variable ‘err’ set but not used -Wunused-but-set-variable]
/usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.6/../../../../i586-suse-linux/bin/ld: /tmp/ccNBjSlE.o: undefined reference to symbol 'floor@@GLIBC_2.0'
/usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.6/../../../../i586-suse-linux/bin/ld: note: 'floor@@GLIBC_2.0' is defined in DSO /lib/libm.so.6 so try adding it to the linker command line
/lib/libm.so.6: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [leiads] Error 1

I assume the warning notices may be OK but the undefined reference to symbol ‘floor@@GLIBC)2.0’ had me stummped. There are plenty of references to this error when Googled but I couldn’t solve the problem. Can somebody please help?

Budgie

Hi
You need to add the linker flag -lm in the appropriate place
makefile.in

Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 3.0.38-0.5-default
up 2 days 13:37, 2 users, load average: 0.61, 0.55, 0.48
CPU Intel i5 CPU M520@2.40GHz | Intel Arrandale GPU

Hi Malcolm,
Many thanks. Yes that is what several threads advised but as I am not a coder I have no idea where is appropriate or how to put it there. Further clues would be much appreciated.

Budge2

Hi
Can you provide a download link to the source please :slight_smile:

up 2 days 14:07, 2 users, load average: 0.42, 0.50, 0.50

Hi Malcolm, there is a link “Directory Listing” in my OP which takes you to the tar.gz file.

Doh! missed that, this is the patch;
http://paste.opensuse.org/97754094

There are some other issues, which if built locally would not be picked
up (openSUSE stricter OBS standards :wink: ), so I’ve built it as an rpm.

Please test and advise;
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=leiads&project=home%3Amalcolmlewis%3AMiscellanous

It should turn up here soon…
http://software.opensuse.org/search?q=leiads&search_devel=false&search_unsupported=false&baseproject=ALL

up 2 days 15:37, 3 users, load average: 0.81, 0.63, 0.61

Hi Malcolm,
I wish I understood more but many many thanks. The rpm installed on my 32 bit laptop but the 64 bit build was reported as “building”.
The program ran on the laptop although I had to stop firewall as it couldn’t see the UPnP devices through firewall. Also no Icon installed.
Will report back on last link but it was empty when I last looked.
Regards,
Budgie2

Hi
What media server are you running? For my twonkymedia it’s 1900 and
9000 (there are other threads here about that).

Also there is another patch required to build on 12.2 so it will
rebuild again soon.

up 2 days 16:15, 3 users, load average: 0.53, 0.57, 0.59

I am using two servers, QPKG version of Twonky 6.0.39 on Qnap TS 209 and QPKG Minimserver on TS 559.
For testing I am using Twonky (although will move entirely to Minimserver because Twonky 7 is no use as it will not work with custom trees.) Three renderers, two Linn Sneaky and one Majik DS-I. I stay with Linn because they work and play gaplessly which is important for my classical collection

I have UDP ports opened same as you and UPnP Inspector sees devices through firewall OK so don’t know why there is problem with Leia. Will increase search time and try again.

Is there any way to get the Icons working, they are included in tarball?

Hi
There should be a newer build soon (all fixed for 12.2 as well) and the icons should install now, needed the theme cache update macro.

Also sent the patches upstream, will see if get a reply back :wink:

Hi Malcolm,
Very grateful to you for your kind assistance on this. I now have latest version with icon!.
Still a couple of queries, the first being where should the program (with Icon) be? At the moment it is only in “Recently Installed.” How can I get it into Multimedia>Audio Player? Also how do include your repo site in my software management setup?

I can get Leiads to work but only without firewall. When you have time if you could give me some help to sort this out please as it is an issue with UPnP on several machines.
Getting late so will sign off now.
Regards,
Budgie2

Hi
I see there is a tool as well for checking upnp servers;
http://software.opensuse.org/package/upnp-inspector?search_term=upnp-in

You can also use wireshark to check what it’s doing, I would guess it’s
using multicast.

up 2 days 19:10, 2 users, load average: 0.19, 0.25, 0.24

Hi Malcolm,
Yes I already have UPnP-Inspector. What is strange is that with what I understand are the correct ports open, UPnP-Inspector does eventually see the UPnP devices on the lan but it takes a long time, perhaps six or more minutes. I have set the searching time in Leia-ds for the maximum which is 60 secs but it doesn’t find anything in that time. If I turn firewall off then Leia-ds works well.
I have wireshark but only just learning how it works. Will give it a try,
Thanks again,
Budgie2