Thread: Who is rolling out openSuse

Default Who is rolling out openSuse

I have just rolled out 400 seats ( 1200 users ) of openSuse in a UK school and while it wasn't entirely pain free
    it is now working fine... So as my performance management review is coming up I would like to be able to say
    something like 'this was the biggest rollout in the world/in the UK/in a UK school/on a Tuesday' ... Does anyone
    know any figures to support my campaign to get a pay rise rather than fired :-)

Ta

M

Blog Entries

Default Re: Who is rolling out openSuse

Hey interele, good to hear. Let's be fair, there probably have been much bigger roll-outs, but this size is already really something. In al my years with SuSE/openSUSE I've never read anything with bigger numbers than yours. That would at least present you with the "Biggest openSUSE roll-out ever to Knurpht's knowledge" .

I, Knurpht, hereby declare that a payrise for interele would be appropriate, a statue in front of the school strongly suggested.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Blog Entries

Default Re: Who is rolling out openSuse

Get the local newspaper involved. That was a significant effort for a school roll-out. If you managed to do it on time, under budget, and with any technical requirements met, then even better! I second a pay rise, and a public opening ceremony with some suitably important public figure...

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Who is rolling out openSuse

Quote Originally Posted by interele View Post
    I have just rolled out 400 seats ( 1200 users ) of openSuse in a UK school and while it wasn't entirely pain free
    it is now working fine... So as my performance management review is coming up I would like to be able to say
    something like 'this was the biggest rollout in the world/in the UK/in a UK school/on a Tuesday' ... Does anyone
    know any figures to support my campaign to get a pay rise rather than fired :-)

Ta

M
    I found an interesting link you might want to read here: Suse & OpenSuse Tips

I have a bash script to create a local repository including the education repository: S.L.R.C. - SuSE Local Repository Creator - Version 1.24 - Now for Packman & openSUSE 12.2 & 12.1 - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

And for just a mass of scripts, have a look here: openSUSE 12.2 Bash Script Download Bonanza! with Bash Script Loader - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

I do remember someone else letting us know of a setup at a school using openSUSE, but I can't recall who now. None the less, congratulations in your efforts and please let us know of any issues you have run in to so we can help.

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas