Lightscribe software, suse 12.1, kde

Before my suse install got corrupted by windows 7, I had lacie lightscribe software(host and main) installed. Now host installer freezes on “license agreement” “waiting for service to start.”

I need help or another package to download.

Thanks.

On my 12.1 (x86_64)/KDE 4.9 systems I have Lightscribe System Software and Lightscribe Simple labeler, both ver 1.18 from LightScribe - Downloads - Linux installed as well as LaCie 4L ver 1.0-r6.

Both seem to work, 4L a bit more elegant.

Nope, Lacie and the downloads off the official lightscribe page stall on the same place on the host software.

I am traveling with laptop for another week, without a Lightscribe disk to experiment with, so can’t do much testing for you.
I did the installs a long time ago don’t recall any issues or “license” prompts.
I downloaded the rpms to a Directory; the directory is set as a repository under YAST
I installed with YAST.

carl@HPDV7-Linux:~/Downloads/Lightscribe RPMs> ll
total 13852
-rw-r--r-- 1 carl users 3603229 Aug  7  2010 LaCie LightScribe Labeler 1.0 Linux.rpm
-rw-r--r-- 1 carl users  821966 Aug  7  2010 lightscribe-1.18.17.1-linux-2.6-intel.rpm
-rw-r--r-- 1 carl users 9756232 Aug  7  2010 lightscribeApplications-1.18.15.1-linux-2.6-intel.rpm

As you can see(date on RPMs) I have been doing this since an 11.x release with no issues (reinstall each upgrade).

Perhaps your issue is with the newer versions.
I put the versions I use HERE