Thread: Totem won't Start

Default Totem won't Start

I tend to use Totem to listen the tracks and watch the videos I have since it's quite useful. Nevertheless recently I was messing around with the plugins and it stopped working, then closed.
    Now, whenever I try to open Totem, it opens for one second then closes. If I try to open it from the terminal, it gives me this error:
    Code:
    tansel@linux-dawe:~> totem

(totem:12279): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_value_get_int: assertion `G_VALUE_HOLDS_INT (value)' failed

(totem:12279): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_value_get_int: assertion `G_VALUE_HOLDS_INT (value)' failed
    Segmentation fault
    I'm using:
    Linux linux-dawe.site 3.5.0-1-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jul 26 09:15:49 UTC 2012 (79fb0ad) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    w/ Gnome 3.2.1

Default Re: Totem won't Start

If possible, try removing totem-plugins package (or disabling them). Reports of this bug in other places say it has something to do with python which might be one of the plugins.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Totem won't Start

Quote Originally Posted by Tanshaydar View Post
    I tend to use Totem to listen the tracks and watch the videos I have since it's quite useful. Nevertheless recently I was messing around with the plugins and it stopped working, then closed.
    Now, whenever I try to open Totem, it opens for one second then closes. If I try to open it from the terminal, it gives me this error:
    Code:
    tansel@linux-dawe:~> totem

Segmentation fault
    I'm using:
    Linux linux-dawe.site 3.5.0-1-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jul 26 09:15:49 UTC 2012 (79fb0ad) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    w/ Gnome 3.2.1
    When I open YaST / Software / Software Management and do a search on totem, here is what I have loaded:

This is in SuSE Paste and works with Firefox but might not with Chrome. I have eight Totem Packages install. You can confirm your Multimedia setup with my bash script mmcheck that you can find here:

MMCHECK - Version 2.45 - Check Your Multimedia in 16 Steps - Bash Script File - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Default Re: Totem won't Start

Removing totem-plugins helped, thanks a lot.