Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Libre Office Problem

Blog Entries

Default Libre Office Problem

I had this on 12.1 Gnome regular repos
    Code:
    libreoffice --writer
    Fontconfig error: "~/.fonts.conf", line 26: junk after document element
    terminate called after throwing an instance of 'com::sun::star::uno::RuntimeException'
    Added OBS and updated, resolved it

Also in KDE, same issue just now
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Default Re: Libre Office Problem

Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    Added OBS and updated, resolved it. Also in KDE, same issue just now
    I am having the same problem with Suse 12.1 (Linux 3.1.10-1.16-desktop x86_64), KDE 4.7.2 release 5 and LibreOffice 350m1 build 403 (latest Stable).
    Seems to be an X problem as it always crashes my Desktop and I need to log in again, then recover document.
    Sorry for being thick as a brick but what do you mean "Added OBS"?

Blog Entries

Open a terminal and with your mouse paste this

Code:
    su -
    zypper ar -f http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/LibreOffice:/Stable/openSUSE_12.1/ office
    enter your password when requested

Code:
    zypper ref
    (a) to accept the key

Code:
    zypper dup -r office
    Done
    Leap 15.1_KDE

Thanks caf429 for the quick reply. The repository you mention is the one I already have in YaST2. I have just refreshed all Xorg rpms, which is a trick I remember from somewhere. Also, I recovered my document, immediately closed Writer, started Writer and reopened my document normally. I know these things are a bit like the CocaCola bottle in "the gods must be crazy" but the quick crashes have not occurred, although it has only been a few minutes with the document. Thanks again!

Blog Entries

Then you can open Yast > Software Management
    View by repository
    And select the Office repo and click the switch packages on it...

Like this, but this is on Packman
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10573557/Sw...man_switch.png
    Leap 15.1_KDE

Great idea, thanks once more!

Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    Code:
    Fontconfig error: "~/.fonts.conf", line 26: junk after document element
    It seems like a corrupted config file. Mine here has:

Code:
    :~> cat .fonts.conf
    <?xml version='1.0'?>
    <!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM 'fonts.dtd'>
    <fontconfig>
     <match target="font">
      <edit mode="assign" name="rgba">
       <const>rgb</const>
      </edit>
     </match>
     <match target="font">
      <edit mode="assign" name="hinting">
       <bool>true</bool>
      </edit>
     </match>
     <match target="font">
      <edit mode="assign" name="hintstyle">
       <const>hintfull</const>
      </edit>
     </match>
     <dir>~/.fonts</dir>
     <match target="font">
      <edit mode="assign" name="antialias">
       <bool>true</bool>
      </edit>
     </match>
    </fontconfig>
    Did you look into it?

Blog Entries

yes Bruno

That is it.
    Thanks
    Leap 15.1_KDE

Hello LIst, responders! Let me know if I can use this thread, or if i need to start a new one. My problem is similar, but maybe not exact. My OpenSuse 12.1 x86 did an online update today that broke my LibreOffice. Launching it from a terminal gives this message: frank[5001] /usr/bin/oowriter terminate called after throwing an instance of 'com::sun::star::uno::RuntimeException' I looked at a dozen or so OBS choices in my SwManager, but chose to invoke the zypper commands that followed the OBS suggestion. What seemed to happen is the zypper stuff updated LibreOffice beyond what the Online Update did. Both of these new versions give the same terminal response. I needed to use LO tonight, so I rolled it back to 3.4.5.5-5.1 i586. The broken versions were from zypper: 3.5.4.7-5.1 and from Online Update: 3.5.4.7-4.8.1. I picked these numbers out of my SwManagement versions, rather than the Help > About since neither app runs. I'm OK with what I have now. I protected the list, but I would like to know how to make these new versions run. For what it's worth I also updated 11.4 on another computer the same way and had to roll LO back in similar fashion. Is it possible that I don't have enough memory to run these new versions? My 12.1 box has 1.5GB. The ll.4 has 500MB. What happened to the white space? heboland

Hello, I am continuing to have a lot of problems with LibreOffice with Suse 12.1/KDE crashing the desktop. It seems to be associated with using Firefox/Zotero referencing, a combination that I have been using with Suse & Open/Libreoffice for many years. As noted above, I have refreshed all Xorg rpms, removed the rpm for libreoffice-kde4 integration and tried a lot of other things mentioned on other forums such as a newer jre than openjdk 1.6.0_24, no jre, and switching off "use hardware acceleration" and "use anti-aliasing" in LibreOffice/Options/View. This problem occurs with Stable versions of LibreOffice, as in the Office repo mentioned above, and in the Unstable. Sometimes when the crashes starts to happen, the frequency increases to the point where it occurs every time I recover my document. Crashing the whole desktop is also a problem because it is hard to get an error trace. However, I have found a small workaround. The problem doesn't occur with openbox or LXDE windows managers, even with Unstable LibreOffice. For many days I have been switching to the openbox when the KDE window manager crashes. All has been totally fine with openbox. So I don't think the crashing is a LibreOffice problem, the issue seems to be something to do with KDE and X.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast