Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: installing

  1. #1

    Default installing

    I need help installing video grivers
    I downloaded nvidia drivers from their website
    The drivers are named Nvidia-Linux-x86-295.53.run
    What do i do next?
    Really Im trying to get video drivers so i can install PlayOnLinux and Wine
    So I can play steam
    But I have no knowledge on installing software in Linux

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,054

    Default Re: installing

    On Thu, 17 May 2012 19:36:02 +0000, gamergoat89 wrote:

    > I need help installing video grivers I downloaded nvidia drivers from
    > their website The drivers are named Nvidia-Linux-x86-295.53.run What do
    > i do next?
    > Really Im trying to get video drivers so i can install PlayOnLinux and
    > Wine So I can play steam But I have no knowledge on installing software
    > in Linux


    Start here:

    http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:NVIDIA

    That should get you going. You might also consider that there's a
    repository with the nVidio drivers and that may be an easier way to get
    going.

    Jim



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  3. #3

    Default Re: installing

    Quote Originally Posted by hendersj View Post
    On Thu, 17 May 2012 19:36:02 +0000, gamergoat89 wrote:

    > I need help installing video grivers I downloaded nvidia drivers from
    > their website The drivers are named Nvidia-Linux-x86-295.53.run What do
    > i do next?
    > Really Im trying to get video drivers so i can install PlayOnLinux and
    > Wine So I can play steam But I have no knowledge on installing software
    > in Linux


    Start here:

    SDB:NVIDIA - openSUSE

    That should get you going. You might also consider that there's a
    repository with the nVidio drivers and that may be an easier way to get
    going.

    Jim



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at openSUSE Forums FAQ
    can someone walk me through please
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti
    I went to nivdia website and downloaded
    the drivers (Nvidia-Linux-x86-295.53.run)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,054

    Default Re: installing

    On Thu, 17 May 2012 21:06:02 +0000, gamergoat89 wrote:

    > can someone walk me through please Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti I went to
    > nivdia website and downloaded the drivers (Nvidia-Linux-x86-295.53.run)


    It's the same set of drivers in the SDB article - that will get you
    going, just follow the instructions and you should be in good shape.

    Jim



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Virginia Sector 13
    Posts
    15,742

    Default Re: installing

    The referenced web page tell a lot more then we can here.

    Click NVIDIA Proprietary Driver and it even gives you a one click to install

    click NVIDIA the Hard Way for instruction on installing the file you downloaded

  6. #6

    Default Re: installing

    K I decided to install NVIDIA Proprietary Driver but it gave me an error

    An error occurred while initializing the software repository.
    Details:
    nVidia Graphics Drivers: [|] Valid metadata not found at specified URL(s)
    History:
    - Signature verification failed for repomd.xml

    Try again?

    ?????

  7. #7

    Default Re: installing

    Failure Adding Respitories

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,054

    Default Re: installing

    On Fri, 18 May 2012 00:36:02 +0000, gamergoat89 wrote:

    > Failure Adding Respitories


    How are you trying to add repositories?

    In general, it's useful to tell us what you did, not just what the result
    of what you did was.

    Jim



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  9. #9

    Default Re: installing

    Quote Originally Posted by gamergoat89 View Post
    K I decided to install NVIDIA Proprietary Driver but it gave me an error

    An error occurred while initializing the software repository.
    Details:
    nVidia Graphics Drivers: [|] Valid metadata not found at specified URL(s)
    History:
    - Signature verification failed for repomd.xml

    Try again?

    ?????

    I went there SDB:NVIDIA - openSUSE and did
    Use 1-Click-Install for openSUSE 12.1
    While it was installing it gave me that error
    Something about Adding repositories, I dont know what are repositories

  10. #10

    Default Re: installing

    ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

    when im installing the
    Use 1-Click-Install for openSUSE 12.1
    NVIDIA Proprietary Driver
    it gives me that error

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •