Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: problem with skype and suse 12.1 64bit

  1. #1

    Default problem with skype and suse 12.1 64bit

    hey guys
    i want to know how can i install skype on suse 12.1 64 bit
    thank you
    BAVA...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,037

    Default Re: problem with skype and suse 12.1 64bit

    On Thu, 10 May 2012 22:06:03 +0000, BAVA wrote:

    > hey guys i want to know how can i install skype on suse 12.1 64 bit
    > thank you BAVA...


    Download the package from skype.com and install it.

    That's really all there is to it.

    Have you tried that and had problems? If so, let us know what problems
    you had and we can help you out with them.

    Jim
    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  3. #3

    Default Re: problem with skype and suse 12.1 64bit

    Quote Originally Posted by hendersj View Post
    On Thu, 10 May 2012 22:06:03 +0000, BAVA wrote:

    > hey guys i want to know how can i install skype on suse 12.1 64 bit
    > thank you BAVA...


    Download the package from skype.com and install it.

    That's really all there is to it.

    Have you tried that and had problems? If so, let us know what problems
    you had and we can help you out with them.

    Jim
    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at openSUSE Forums FAQ
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    i tried to do that but
    it failed and this message appear
    "authorization failed "
    "KDEinit could not launch 'usr/bin/apper "
    and this message appear when i try to install any software
    what can i do for this problem
    thank you
    BAVA.....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: problem with skype and suse 12.1 64bit

    On 2012-05-11 00:46, BAVA wrote:

    > i tried to do that but
    > it failed and this message appear
    > "authorization failed "
    > "KDEinit could not launch 'usr/bin/apper "


    Do not use apper, use yast or zypper.

    here

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)

  5. #5

    Default Re: problem with skype and suse 12.1 64bit

    okay now i do the preparation but when i write acode of (su -c 'zypper in skype-<version>.rpm')
    the result (No such file or directory)
    what do now

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: problem with skype and suse 12.1 64bit

    On 2012-05-11 01:56, BAVA wrote:
    >
    > okay now i do the preparation but when i write acode of (su -c 'zypper
    > in skype-<version>.rpm')
    > the result (No such file or directory)


    And such file does exist?

    I would do it with the rpm command.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,037

    Default Re: problem with skype and suse 12.1 64bit

    On Thu, 10 May 2012 22:46:02 +0000, BAVA wrote:

    > i tried to do that but it failed and this message appear "authorization
    > failed "
    > "KDEinit could not launch 'usr/bin/apper "
    > and this message appear when i try to install any software what can i do
    > for this problem thank you BAVA.....


    Don't use apper - it's generally considered broken.

    Download the RPM and install it using YaST.

    I would uninstall apper, that should help. Go into YaST's software
    management module and just remove it.

    Jim

    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  8. #8

    Default Re: problem with skype and suse 12.1 64bit

    I have successfully installed it via yast by following your instructions. Now if I am trying to invoke skype application from the task bar the jumping icon appears for a minute or so and then disappears. May be application crashes during the start. May be I am doing something wrong.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    sri mayapur, west bengal, india
    Posts
    958

    Default Re: problem with skype and suse 12.1 64bit

    On Tue, 15 May 2012 16:06:02 +0530, agilephoenix
    <agilephoenix@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

    >
    > I have successfully installed it via yast by following your
    > instructions. Now if I am trying to invoke skype application from the
    > task bar the jumping icon appears for a minute or so and then
    > disappears. May be application crashes during the start. May be I am
    > doing something wrong.
    >



    start it from the command line (not as root, but 'normal' user) and post
    the resulting error messages back here (in "code tags", under advanced
    posting options).

    --
    phani.

  10. #10

    Default Re: problem with skype and suse 12.1 64bit

    I really admire people who answer on such unpolite and inaccurate questions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •