Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Unable to move icons in system panel

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hill Country Texas
    Posts
    71

    Default Unable to move icons in system panel

    I mistakenly deleted the system panel at the bottom, then to recover, I added the default panel so I now have all the widgets back but now I can't move around any on the icons in the task manager. Widgets are not locked and I don't find any other applicable setting. What have I not done or done wrong?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hill Country Texas
    Posts
    71

    Default Re: Unable to move icons in system panel

    I should add that I am running KDE on 11.4

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Austin - Texas
    Posts
    10,140
    Blog Entries
    48

    Default Re: Unable to move icons in system panel

    Quote Originally Posted by DonMLewis View Post
    I should add that I am running KDE on 11.4
    Right click on any blank space and pick Panel Options / Panel Settings (or just Panel Settings, if you just get that choice), that should allow you to move things around. The Task Manager often gets people because, even when no programs are loaded and it is blank, it is there and taking the largest space in the middle.

    Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

    Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

    Its James again from Austin, Texas

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hill Country Texas
    Posts
    71

    Default Re: Unable to move icons in system panel

    Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    Right click on any blank space and pick Panel Options / Panel Settings (or just Panel Settings, if you just get that choice), that should allow you to move things around. The Task Manager often gets people because, even when no programs are loaded and it is blank, it is there and taking the largest space in the middle.

    Thank You,
    Figured it out. I went to the Task Manager Settings and set Grouping and Sorting to Manually which allowed me to rearrange the open window icons within the taskbar.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Austin - Texas
    Posts
    10,140
    Blog Entries
    48

    Default Re: Unable to move icons in system panel

    Quote Originally Posted by DonMLewis View Post
    Figured it out. I went to the Task Manager Settings and set Grouping and Sorting to Manually which allowed me to rearrange the open window icons within the taskbar.
    Great news to hear you found the solution. Good work DonMLewis.

    Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

    Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

    Its James again from Austin, Texas

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •