Thread: No applications displaying in Gnome Shell

Default No applications displaying in Gnome Shell

Applications will not show up in Gnome Shell, however they show up on the "Favourites" bar, and can be searched for.

For example, if I search for something spelled incorrectly ("chrmium"), it shows nothing, however, if I search for something correctly ("chromium"), it displays the "Applications" header. This means that it is properly searching for applications, but just not displaying them.

I am running OpenSUSE 12.1 x64 in a Virtual Box VM.

Blog Entries

Question Re: No applications displaying in Gnome Shell

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitatis View Post
    Applications will not show up in Gnome Shell, however they show up on the "Favourites" bar, and can be searched for.

For example, if I search for something spelled incorrectly ("chrmium"), it shows nothing, however, if I search for something correctly ("chromium"), it displays the "Applications" header. This means that it is properly searching for applications, but just not displaying them.

I am running OpenSUSE 12.1 x64 in a Virtual Box VM.
    How does you image differ from this one?

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Default Re: No applications displaying in Gnome Shell

Your image doesn't seem to be displaying properly for me, I don't suppose you could provide a mirror?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitatis View Post
    Your image doesn't seem to be displaying properly for me, I don't suppose you could provide a mirror?
    Here is the link: http://paste.opensuse.org/view/download/23058732, are you using Chrome by chance?

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Sorry for the long wait, but with finals, time is a bit sparse at the moment.

That link did not work either, but it was in Chrome, and I was able to open either link in Firefox.

Here is a few pictures that may help illustrate my situation:

Photo Album - Imgur

The first image is just on the applications screen. The second shows a successful search for "Chrom", while the second shows an unsuccessful search for "Chroi". This shows that the applications are properly being searched, but aren't properly being displayed.