Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Firefox and Webex

  1. #1

    Default Firefox and Webex

    Hello

    I need to use Webex for teaching purposes. I have recently installed opensuse 12.3 64bit on my personal computer. I can not manage to have webex run properly.

    I have found the following blog and installed all the recommended librairies.
    Electron: Running Webex on openSUSE 12.3 64-bit

    But still I can't get the audio system working. I get the following message "The Audio Device is Unaccessible Now".

    I found this post with identical problem: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...-6/+bug/525883
    but the java policy is not solving my problem and libraries are well installed in my distribution.

    Do you know what may cause this issue? What should I try to resolve it?

    Thanks in advance,

    Marlene

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ
    Posts
    3,166

    Default Re: Firefox and Webex

    Quote Originally Posted by marlenes View Post
    Hello

    I need to use Webex for teaching purposes. I have recently installed opensuse 12.3 64bit on my personal computer. I can not manage to have webex run properly.

    I have found the following blog and installed all the recommended librairies.
    Electron: Running Webex on openSUSE 12.3 64-bit

    But still I can't get the audio system working. I get the following message "The Audio Device is Unaccessible Now".

    I found this post with identical problem: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...-6/+bug/525883
    but the java policy is not solving my problem and libraries are well installed in my distribution.

    Do you know what may cause this issue? What should I try to resolve it?

    Thanks in advance,

    Marlene
    If openJDK is causing the issue then you may need Oracle/Sun Java
    Remove openJDK
    Code:
    su -
    zypper rm *openjdk*
    install Oracle/Sun JDK/JRE
    https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Installi...Oracle_Java_SE
    GNOME Version 3.20.2
    openSUSE Leap 42.3 64-bit

    www.vazhavandan.blogspot.com

  3. #3

    Default Re: Firefox and Webex

    Quote Originally Posted by vazhavandan View Post
    If openJDK is causing the issue then you may need Oracle/Sun Java
    Remove openJDK
    Code:
    su -
    zypper rm *openjdk*
    install Oracle/Sun JDK/JRE
    https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Installi...Oracle_Java_SE
    Hi vazhavandan,

    Thank you very much for your reply. I installed Oracle/Sun JDK/JRE. following the detailed steps provided in the link There is much improvement under webex. Now I am able to share documents, applications and desktop. But still the audio system is not working.

    Thank you once again for your advices

    Marlene

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ
    Posts
    3,166

    Default Re: Firefox and Webex

    Quote Originally Posted by marlenes View Post
    Hi vazhavandan,

    Thank you very much for your reply. I installed Oracle/Sun JDK/JRE. following the detailed steps provided in the link There is much improvement under webex. Now I am able to share documents, applications and desktop. But still the audio system is not working.

    Thank you once again for your advices

    Marlene
    You are welcome.
    Are you seeing any audio streams in pavucontrol ?
    GNOME Version 3.20.2
    openSUSE Leap 42.3 64-bit

    www.vazhavandan.blogspot.com

  5. #5

    Default Re: Firefox and Webex

    Yes, I see my speakers and headphones, integrated microphone is also working fine under pavucontrol
    I have several other applications with sound and voice installed on my computer and working fine (skype, via). I don't understand why webex can not let me access any audio options.
    Thanks in advance,

    Marlene

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ
    Posts
    3,166

    Default Re: Firefox and Webex

    Quote Originally Posted by marlenes View Post
    Yes, I see my speakers and headphones, integrated microphone is also working fine under pavucontrol
    I have several other applications with sound and voice installed on my computer and working fine (skype, via). I don't understand why webex can not let me access any audio options.
    Thanks in advance,

    Marlene
    Can you try installing java-1_6_0-sun-alsa from repo Index of /repositories/home:/enzokiel/openSUSE_12.3_Update
    I am ***hoping*** sound stream will start appearing in pavu after this
    GNOME Version 3.20.2
    openSUSE Leap 42.3 64-bit

    www.vazhavandan.blogspot.com

  7. #7

    Default Re: Firefox and Webex

    Quote Originally Posted by vazhavandan View Post
    Can you try installing java-1_6_0-sun-alsa from repo Index of /repositories/home:/enzokiel/openSUSE_12.3_Update
    I am ***hoping*** sound stream will start appearing in pavu after this

    I am not sure what do you mean by "sound stream" as everything seems to work perfectly under pavucontrol.

    Still I have installed the java-1_6_0-sun-alsa lib and I don't see any change in pavucontrol or under webex.

    I have taken some screenshots in pavucontrol and webex.




  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ
    Posts
    3,166

    Default Re: Firefox and Webex

    Now we are on a download spiral. Webex ,it seems hates 64 bit architecture
    sound - Webex audio not working with 11.10 - Ask Ubuntu
    GNOME Version 3.20.2
    openSUSE Leap 42.3 64-bit

    www.vazhavandan.blogspot.com

  9. #9

    Default Re: Firefox and Webex

    Quote Originally Posted by vazhavandan View Post
    Now we are on a download spiral. Webex ,it seems hates 64 bit architecture
    sound - Webex audio not working with 11.10 - Ask Ubuntu
    Dear vazhavandan,

    Yes I found this post earlier, but I was wandering whether it was an ubuntu solution. Also the "swiftfox" 32bit precompiled version of firefox does not seem to be available anymore. I will try the nspluginwrapper solution.
    Thank you for your kind help.

    Marlene

  10. #10

    Default Re: Firefox and Webex

    I tried to follow installation procedure provided in the link.

    Compiling nsplugginwrapper-1.4..4 leads to the following error

    Code:
    /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.7/libgcc.a when searching for -lgcc
    /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [npviewer.bin] Error 1
    rm lsb-build-i386/libXext.o lsb-build-i386/libgcc_s.o lsb-build-i386/libc_main.o lsb-build-i386/libpthread.o lsb-build-i386/libdl.o lsb-build-i386/libgobject-2.0.o lsb-build-i386/libgdk-x11-2.0.o lsb-build-i386/libgtk-x11-2.0.o lsb-build-i386/libgthread-2.0.o lsb-build-i386/libX11.o lsb-build-i386/libXt.o lsb-build-i386/libglib-2.0.o lsb-build-i386/libc_nonshared.o
    I have install libgcc 32bit librairies. What should I do to correct this linking error?

    Thanks in advance!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •