Thread: kmail-4.8.2-340.1.x86_64 is eating my message bodies!

Default kmail-4.8.2-340.1.x86_64 is eating my message bodies!

I'm using OpenSUSE 12.1 with kde4.8.2 and since several days the mail messages are without bodies. I use Imap to access my accounts. Accessing my accounts via web-interface shows regular messages, when these accounts are then accessed with Kmail the result is missing bodies both in Kmail and mail-server. Akonadi is active.
    Hope someone can help
    OpenSuse 13.1 with KDE 4.11 on Intel I7 930 motherboard Asus P6T SE - RAM 6 Gb
    - video card NVIDIA GT220 1GB - TV card Hauppauge WinTV Nova T stick

Default Re: kmail-4.8.2-340.1.x86_64 is eating my message bodies!

Quote Originally Posted by Viviano_Guastalla View Post
    I'm using OpenSUSE 12.1 with kde4.8.2 and since several days the mail messages are without bodies. I use Imap to access my accounts. Accessing my accounts via web-interface shows regular messages, when these accounts are then accessed with Kmail the result is missing bodies both in Kmail and mail-server. Akonadi is active.
    Hope someone can help
    The reason for this is a bug. In your case it could be a regression, because it should have been fixed with the currenty 4.8.2 update.

https://bugs.kde.org/289287
    If you can reproduce this, it could be worth to write a bugreport to the openSUSE bugzilla and to seek help there because this should not be the case anymore.
    Just "clicking away" security warnings about a change in repo signature ? Not able to control?
    Then please vote for
    https://features.opensuse.org/312047
    openSUSE should have an efficient web of trust.