Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LastPass

Default LastPass

Has anyone tried it? It claims to keep control over all your passwords securely, requiring only a single password to unlock.

Blog Entries

Default Re: LastPass

I use kwallet
    Never tried LastPass
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

I use RoboForm, which I started using when Windows was more important to me.
    While it is now secondary to multiple Suse machines, I find it works well via the browser add-on.

The combination of RoboForm "Everywhere" and Firefox Sync (for bookmarks) makes moving between machines very painless.

Feature Sets Look very similar after a quick look.

Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    I use kwallet
    Never tried LastPass
    OpenSuse 11.4 64bit KDE. Based on your response I decided to try kwallet. When I clicked the appropriate choice in the Application Launcher Menu nothing happened. kwalletmanager is installed so I invoked the command from a console. Nothing happened and my prompt returned immediately. There is no man page for kwalletmanager. Invoking "kwalletmanager --help-kde" did not offer any options that seemed to apply. Running as root produced the following...

HTML Code:
    # kwalletmanager
    unnamed app(3895): KUniqueApplication: Cannot find the D-Bus session server:  "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken." 

unnamed app(3894): KUniqueApplication: Pipe closed unexpectedly. 
    Any suggestions? Thanks.

Whatever is blocking you from using Kwallet at the moment is to be found out, But you sghould of course never run such a user application as root! Kwallet is to manage the passwords of an end-user. Never of root.
    Henk van Velden

Isn't Kwalletmanager allready active for your user? Did you look into the applets that are hidden from direct vision (for me it is an uppointing triangle at the right of the Klipper icon and the mixer icon and a few others).?
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    Isn't Kwalletmanager allready active for your user? Did you look into the applets that are hidden from direct vision (for me it is an uppointing triangle at the right of the Klipper icon and the mixer icon and a few others).?
    Thank you very much. It was already running.

I think I uninstalled kwallet to keep me from uninstalling opensuse. I used to use the free version of Roboform when I was on Windows. I used it and liked it so much, I felt guilty and paid for a "lifetime" subscription. Two weeks later, I switched to linux and they had no linux client.

I can't remember how long ago, but I switched to LastPass. It is the most valuable, convenient, useful add-on I have. I don't know half of my passwords. I use LastPass to generate secure passwords for me, remember them, and fill them in when I return to the page. Just as much as password management, I enjoy the form filling tool. My wife and I have separate "identities" and fill forms with a single click for either of us. You can even skip the one click if you have only one ID stored.

The price is right: free. Unless you want the portable (USB) version or the phone version. Get it.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C. Clarke

Been using LastPass on multiple PCs to manage PWs etc for 75 sites +/- for several years now. It's great to be able to use the same "password vault" on multiple PCs at multiple locations.

Caveat: I've had no issues for all that time, so I've no idea how their support is if an issue does come up.

Overall 10/10
    MS user 1988-2008, Linux user 1998-present, openSUSE user since 2004
    (The first computer I used had a punch card reader)

I too have used Lastpass for a couple of years now. They take security very serious there, and they have had only one really bad time since I've been using it. No passwords were breached & all users were asked to a create new vault password just to be safe.
    Also it makes for a great backup if you also add the Xmarks addon. If anything should happen to your /home folder you can retrieve both your bookmarks & passwords no problem.
    I'm just a curious cat
    My 64 bit: RADEON RX 570 |CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600
    MOTHERBOARD B450M D53H GGABYTE
    Opensuse Tumbleweed Plasma 5

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast