Thread: Lightspark Plugin for Firefox

Default Lightspark Plugin for Firefox

Just in case, my SUSE version is openSUSE 12.0 x86_64

I've already installed lightspark via YAST, checked the installation in the terminal, and its ok.

Also, the file liblightsparkplugin.so is present at /usr/lib64/browser-plugins, with the other plugins. However, Firefox does not identify lightspark plugin.

Lightspark is not listed as a plugin in the Add-Ons Manager (Tools>Add-Ons). I've also tried to "Install Add-On from file", using the .so file mentioned, and I get the message that the file "appears to be corrupt".

So, I am without support for AVM2.

Default Re: Lightspark Plugin for Firefox

Quote Originally Posted by tuliomartins View Post
    Just in case, my SUSE version is openSUSE 12.0 x86_64

I've already installed lightspark via YAST, checked the installation in the terminal, and its ok.

Also, the file liblightsparkplugin.so is present at /usr/lib64/browser-plugins, with the other plugins. However, Firefox does not identify lightspark plugin.

Lightspark is not listed as a plugin in the Add-Ons Manager (Tools>Add-Ons). I've also tried to "Install Add-On from file", using the .so file mentioned, and I get the message that the file "appears to be corrupt".

So, I am without support for AVM2.
    I don't have an answer, but I saw a thread on this very subject a couple of weeks ago. Try the forum search, there may be some info there.
    --
    openSUSE 13.1, Arch Linux,
    Windows 8.1 Pro, all x86_64
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Registered Linux user #436067

I wonder if you can enable it by placing it as a symlink to the folder ~/.mozilla/plugins/ so therefor:

Code:
    ln -s /usr/lib64/browser-plugins/liblightsparkplugin.so ~/.mozilla/plugins/liblightsparkplugin.so
    You will need to create the folder "plugins" if it doesn't already exist.

The package is broken... and yes, also the version in my home repository. The plugin depends on a library it can't find.

Report it to Packman -> PackMan :: Documentation

Quote Originally Posted by RedDwarf View Post
    The package is broken... and yes, also the version in my home repository.
    Fixed in my home repo (you may need to wait for the build to finish and be published).
    malcolmlewis maintains the Packman version.