Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: OpenERP 6.1 for OpenSuse 12.1

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    81

    Default OpenERP 6.1 for OpenSuse 12.1

    I am looking for RPM packages (both server and web client) of OpenERP 6.1.
    Is there any source I could get the RPM packages be downloaded and installed on my OpenSuse 12.1.

    Note that, OpenERP download page has debian (Ubuntu) packages available.

    Thanks in advance for any hint.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,157

    Default Re: OpenERP 6.1 for OpenSuse 12.1

    Henk van Velden

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    81

    Default Re: OpenERP 6.1 for OpenSuse 12.1

    Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    Thanks Henk, but this is older version (6.0.3).
    The newer version of OpenERP (6.1.1) has been released with lots of upgrades and new features.
    Is it possible we (OpenSuse users) could have this software included in the OpenSuse repository like other opensource applications ?

    Regards.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,157

    Default Re: OpenERP 6.1 for OpenSuse 12.1

    Quote Originally Posted by jrahman View Post
    Thanks Henk, but this is older version (6.0.3).
    The newer version of OpenERP (6.1.1) has been released with lots of upgrades and new features.
    Is it possible we (OpenSuse users) could have this software included in the OpenSuse repository like other opensource applications ?

    Regards.
    I guess you have to wait until somebody (you?) does this. You could also try to contact those whos did the 6.0.3 version by going to the "Go to OBS project"" link on the page I gave you.

    Or build it yourself.
    Henk van Velden

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    19,854
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: OpenERP 6.1 for OpenSuse 12.1

    Another option is to download the debian/ubuntu package, and use "alien" to create an RPM from the debian package.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    81

    Default Re: OpenERP 6.1 for OpenSuse 12.1

    Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    Another option is to download the debian/ubuntu package, and use "alien" to create an RPM from the debian package.
    According to the suggestion, I downloaded "noarch" .deb version of OpenERP 6.1 and converted to .rpm by "alien".
    Using YAST, the installation was error free. Unfortunately, the installed OpenERP 6.1 doesn't work.

    Now I like to uninstall OpenERP 6.1, while deleting from YAST, I get following error (similar error is also found while attempting to remove using "zypper"):
    Code:
    Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed: /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.ZPXKMW: line 5: invoke-rc.d: command not found
    error: %preun(openerp-6.1_1-2.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 127
    error: openerp-6.1_1-2.noarch: erase failed
    Could you please tell me how can I uninstall this package ?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    81

    Default Re: OpenERP 6.1 for OpenSuse 12.1

    Finally, I have successfully installed, configured and started OpenERP 6.1 on OpenSUSE 12.1.

    A detail "How To" steps has been created at: http://http://openerp61onopensuse121.blogspot.ca/

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,157

    Default Re: OpenERP 6.1 for OpenSuse 12.1

    Nice you reported this back. Many people forget the community as soon as they have something working , but posts like this make the forums a usefull place to search for solutions.
    Henk van Velden

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4

    Question Re: OpenERP 6.1 for OpenSuse 12.1

    Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    Finally, I have successfully installed, configured and started OpenERP 6.1 on OpenSUSE 12.1.

    A detail "How To" steps has been created at: http://http://openerp61onopensuse121.blogspot.ca/.
    hello sir i can't find anything in the link you posted.i too need to install openerp6.1 in my opensuse12.1 can you please help me?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,157

    Default Re: OpenERP 6.1 for OpenSuse 12.1

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfury View Post
    hello sir i can't find anything in the link you posted.i too need to install openerp6.1 in my opensuse12.1 can you please help me?
    Hello Nightfury,

    Welcome here.

    I do not know how you managed to do this, but your quote above is from @jrahman's post (#7), while you quote it as coming from me.

    But I looked at the link he gave and repaired the obvious error in it: OpenERP 6.1 on OpenSuse 12.1
    Henk van Velden

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •