OpenERP 6.1 for OpenSuse 12.1

I am looking for RPM packages (both server and web client) of OpenERP 6.1.
Is there any source I could get the RPM packages be downloaded and installed on my OpenSuse 12.1.

Note that, OpenERP download page has debian (Ubuntu) packages available.

Thanks in advance for any hint.

I found this: software.opensuse.org: Search Results

Thanks Henk, but this is older version (6.0.3).
The newer version of OpenERP (6.1.1) has been released with lots of upgrades and new features.
Is it possible we (OpenSuse users) could have this software included in the OpenSuse repository like other opensource applications ?

Regards.

I guess you have to wait until somebody (you?) does this. You could also try to contact those whos did the 6.0.3 version by going to the “Go to OBS project”" link on the page I gave you.

Or build it yourself.

Another option is to download the debian/ubuntu package, and use “alien” to create an RPM from the debian package.

According to the suggestion, I downloaded “noarch” .deb version of OpenERP 6.1 and converted to .rpm by “alien”.
Using YAST, the installation was error free. Unfortunately, the installed OpenERP 6.1 doesn’t work.

Now I like to uninstall OpenERP 6.1, while deleting from YAST, I get following error (similar error is also found while attempting to remove using “zypper”):

Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed: /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.ZPXKMW: line 5: invoke-rc.d: command not found
error: %preun(openerp-6.1_1-2.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 127
error: openerp-6.1_1-2.noarch: erase failed

Could you please tell me how can I uninstall this package ?

Finally, I have successfully installed, configured and started OpenERP 6.1 on OpenSUSE 12.1.

A detail “How To” steps has been created at: http://http://openerp61onopensuse121.blogspot.ca/

Nice you reported this back. Many people forget the community as soon as they have something working :(, but posts like this make the forums a usefull place to search for solutions.

hello sir i can’t find anything in the link you posted.i too need to install openerp6.1 in my opensuse12.1 can you please help me?

Hello Nightfury,

Welcome here.

I do not know how you managed to do this, but your quote above is from @jrahman’s post (#7), while you quote it as coming from me.

But I looked at the link he gave and repaired the obvious error in it: OpenERP 6.1 on OpenSuse 12.1

thankyou sir that was really helpfull

hi

When i upgrade my report developed in openerp 6.0 to 6.1, gets following error

‘Action slot (%s) must be one of : %r’ % (action_slot,ACTION_SLOTS)
AssertionError : Action slot (report_print) must be one of :‘client_action_multi’,'client_print…etc etc

Any idea what I have to change in the report as this was developed using openerp6.0.
Note that I have upgrade jasper_report module for 6.1 as well.

Thanks…