Dovecot configuration help w/ISPConfig 3

Ok, Heres my mail.err file. I know i’ll be asked for it since dovecot is throwing a error when trying to login to imap/pop3. So here it is…

Mar 24 14:56:36 zontreckgrid dovecot: POP3(tylermcmaster): Couldn't open INBOX: Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information. [2012-03-24 14:56:36]
Mar 24 15:00:51 zontreckgrid dovecot: POP3(tylermcmaster): mkdir(/var/vmail//tylermcmaster/Maildir/cur) failed: Permission denied (euid=1000(tylermcmaster) egid=100(users) missing +w perm: /var/vmail/)
Mar 24 15:00:51 zontreckgrid dovecot: POP3(tylermcmaster): Couldn't open INBOX: Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information. [2012-03-24 15:00:51]

I have tried for a few days to get this to work and need help with this now… Heres my system specs:

openSUSE 12.1
Text-only

EDIT:

Forgot to put the question, How do i get the mail server/imap/pop to recognize that there is another folder: zontreckgrid.dyndns.tv there. not just /var/vmail/<insert here>/tylermcmaster/Maildir

The program is not recognizing the path or something correctly. I have tried and tried. It will not work. Please help.

On 2012-03-24 23:46, zontreck wrote:
>
> Ok, Heres my mail.err file. I know i’ll be asked for it since dovecot is
> throwing a error when trying to login to imap/pop3. So here it is…

Notice that the second message complains of permission denied and cites a
missing +w in certain directory - check it.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 “Celadon” at Telcontar)

The directory, /var/vmail has +w. And all subdirectories it is trying to access. This is the confusing part.

On 2012-03-25 01:26, zontreck wrote:
>
> The directory, /var/vmail has +w. And all subdirectories it is trying to
> access. This is the confusing part.

If the log entry say it doesn’t, then you should believe it doesn’t.
Something in the permissions is wrong.

Typically the permissions might be “drwxrwxrwt”.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 “Celadon” at Telcontar)

what should i set then?

hmm ok, found the solution

chmod -t <folder>

Now i’ve got a new problem. I’ll look in my config files for postfix now. I’ll see if i can’t get it to return to the right mail folders… For some reason, It won’t put the domain like it should… For example: /var/vmail/zontreckgrid.dyndns.tv/tylermcmaster. Instead. It’s putting /var/vmail//tylermcmaster. This isn’t a huge problem but. I just need to figure out how to get ISPConfig to recognize that it shouldn’t put it under a domain folder…

I did get the mail client to connect though.