Thread: MonoDevelop Add-ins Gnome.Platform 2.8.6

Exclamation MonoDevelop Add-ins Gnome.Platform 2.8.6

Hello all,

I just installed monodevelop from the mono repositories. When i click to start the program i get this error:

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3796/snapshot8t.png

I use openSUSE 12.1 x64 KDE4.8.1 from the upstream repositories.

Anyone solved this problem?

Blog Entries

Default Re: MonoDevelop Add-ins Gnome.Platform 2.8.6

IMO,
    I haven't looked at MonoDevelop for a couple years now,
    I wasn't happy then that it was so buggy, there wasn't an integrated debugger and they were missing all their roadmap milestones.

On the face of it, your error looks like a fundamental coding dotNET coding error (yes, I'm guessing without putting any real effort into looking at the error more closely), I don't think it's the type of error that can be resolved by an End User. Also, unless there was error in compilation, this type of error isn't normally distro-specific.

Recommend you take a look at the history of the current version (ie How old is it? Has there been any recent updates? Has this been reported in a Bugzilla?).

Good Luck,
    TS

Default Re: MonoDevelop Add-ins Gnome.Platform 2.8.6

Late reply I know, but may be useful for others: You need to install package libgnomeui (reference: http://8thstring.blogspot.co.uk/2013...ld-not-be.html). This fixed the issue for me on opensuse 13.1, KDE, mono develop 5.0.1.
    Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 r1.0 F9E|AMD Athlon II X4 635|6 GB 667MHz DDR2|XFX Radeon HD 6750|LG GSA-H30N|Netgear WG311T| opensuse 12.2 x86_64 (Intel 330, X-18M)|LG IPS236V 1920x1080 DVI|Logitech MX3000 & MX Air|Freecom USB DVB-T 25452| JBL Spot|Logitech C310