Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: The intergration with akonadi and nepomuk

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nisserwaard Nederland
    Posts
    348

    Default The intergration with akonadi and nepomuk

    Is the integration from kde libs workspace etc etc with akonadi and nepomuk a special Opensuse thing in 12.1 ?
    because deleting them totally the system no longer boots into kde

    Or can i get rid off them through compiling my own verion kde?


    Now a have 11.4 and no akonadi and nepomuk !! deleted
    and the system is live and kicking

  2. #2

    Default Re: The intergration with akonadi and nepomuk

    I think they're mandatory dependencies for KDE that ships with 12.1 by default.
    Removed them on 4.7 and 4.8 and it seems to be working without them.
    Broke a couple of package dependencies in yast though.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    24,998

    Default Re: The intergration with akonadi and nepomuk

    Quote Originally Posted by susegebr View Post
    Is the integration from kde libs workspace etc etc with akonadi and nepomuk a special Opensuse thing in 12.1 ?
    because deleting them totally the system no longer boots into kde

    Or can i get rid off them through compiling my own verion kde?


    Now a have 11.4 and no akonadi and nepomuk !! deleted
    and the system is live and kicking
    As one does not boot "into KDE", I guess that you mean that loging in in KDE gives problems.

    In fact I think you can get a better response for these sort of KDE problems by going to their forums at Index page • KDE Community Forums

    Also I subscibed to the KDE-PIM mailing list. (not that it makes me happy ).

    (Groetjes aan Voorburg, ben er geboren en getogen, totaal meer dan veertig jaar gewoond).
    Henk van Velden

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nisserwaard Nederland
    Posts
    348

    Default Re: The intergration with akonadi and nepomuk

    In fact I think you can get a better response for these sort of KDE problems by going to their forums at Index page • KDE Community Forums

    Also I subscibed to the KDE-PIM mailing list. (not that it makes me happy ).




    I found the solution on the kde site simple chmod 000 /usr/bin/akondi* the same for nepomuk and strigi

    akonadi nepomuk and strigi dont start any more PROBLEM SOLVED

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    24,998

    Default Re: The intergration with akonadi and nepomuk

    Quote Originally Posted by susegebr View Post
    I found the solution on the kde site simple chmod 000 /usr/bin/akondi* the same for nepomuk and strigi

    akonadi nepomuk and strigi dont start any more PROBLEM SOLVED
    Hm, yes, I guess they won't start anymore. It is only a little bit less drastic then an atomic bomb IMHO.
    Henk van Velden

  6. #6

    Default Re: The intergration with akonadi and nepomuk

    Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    Hm, yes, I guess they won't start anymore. It is only a little bit less drastic then an atomic bomb IMHO.


    Nepomuk and strigi can be disabled on KDE system settings. To disable akonadi, edit

    ~/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc

    and under [QMYSQL] section change the following:

    StartServer=false

    No need for nukes

    NOTE: you need to disable the "show events" on your desktop clock, either the digital and (if you use it) the analogue.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    19,789
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: The intergration with akonadi and nepomuk

    Quote Originally Posted by susegebr View Post
    I found the solution on the kde site simple chmod 000 /usr/bin/akondi* the same for nepomuk and strigi

    akonadi nepomuk and strigi dont start any more PROBLEM SOLVED
    That's not a solution, at most a temporary workaround. On an update the files will be overwriten, with proper permissions, and you're back where you did not want to be . Another thing to consider: I did a thing like this years ago and found out that I needed to clean out quite a lot of huge logfiles filled with errors generated by my system changes. My 2 cents: don't do things like this to your system, your system may get nasty on you.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  8. #8

    Default Re: The intergration with akonadi and nepomuk

    I have p4 pc I customized the installation
    No kmail, no akonadi etc, limited bling-bling
    Result is a quicker old machine
    People who do not break things first will never learn to create anything

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nisserwaard Nederland
    Posts
    348

    Default Re: The intergration with akonadi and nepomuk

    now the picture is complete without blowingup kde4 the steps to take to disable akonadi and nepomuk are as follows:

    edit ~/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc

    and under [QMYSQL] section change the following:

    StartServer=false


    edit /etc/kde4/share/config/nepomukserverrc
    every =true change it to false

    no akonadi en no nepomuk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    24,998

    Default Re: The intergration with akonadi and nepomuk

    Quote Originally Posted by susegebr View Post
    now the picture is complete without blowingup kde4 the steps to take to disable akonadi and nepomuk are as follows:

    edit ~/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc

    and under [QMYSQL] section change the following:

    StartServer=false


    edit /etc/kde4/share/config/nepomukserverrc
    every =true change it to false

    no akonadi en no nepomuk
    I do not know in detail what each of these two changes do everyone of them by itself.

    But you should be aware that the first one is on user level and thus only influences the desktop of that one user.
    The second one is on system level and thus has influence on the experience of all users of the system that use KDE.

    Maybe you are in the particular case that you are the only daily user of the system (this offten happens in laptops and even desktops), but it is not to be ignored that Linux is a multi-user system and you should thus be carefull in changing things on the system level to help one single user.
    Henk van Velden

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •