Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cinnamon 1.4.0 Available

Default Cinnamon 1.4.0 Available

Cinnamon 1.4.0 is now available for update/download through GNOME:Cinnamon repository. This release includes major features, such a menu editor based on alacarte, a new expo experience and a lot of bug fixes.

Regarding the openSUSE packages there has been some refactoring and some of the changes were:
    • Cinnamon packages were split:
      • cinnamon
      • cinnamon-menu-editor
      • cinnamon-browser-plugins
    • Languages have been merged with the main package to take advantage of the massive updates in Cinnamon translations (this is also related to a bug in lang package generation in non-openSUSE platforms, I often do the builds on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux system).
    • All non-build/customization patches were removed, we now offer a clean upstream experience (everything is tweakable through cinnamon-settings, users are now able to choose how to customize their Desktop Experience);

Default Re: Cinnamon 1.4.0 Available

Hello ketheriel, i have some problems running cinnnamon, when i log with cinnamon i saw only the desktop wallpaper and the cursor. How do i solve this issue?
    openSUSE 12.3 | Intel C2D | 4G DDR2 ECC | KDE 4.9
    http://oc.masteraffairs.ro

Quote Originally Posted by morbidwar View Post
    Hello ketheriel, i have some problems running cinnnamon, when i log with cinnamon i saw only the desktop wallpaper and the cursor. How do i solve this issue?
    Cinnamon is made to work on top of a working GNOME3 installation, so before you actually run it, make sure you have a working gnome-shell install. Whatever issues you have it would be interesting to know:

- Distribution (I've only tested it on 12.1, which should be pretty much the same with Tumbleweed and Factory is broken meanwhile);
    - You require GDM to login (untested with everything else);
    - ~/.xsession-errors should have whatever issue is making it not work, so I want those logs (ex: SUSE Paste to paste the log).

I did installed a clean GNOME LiveCD (oS 12.1) and then cinnamon and it worked without any issue at all. I've also removed the packages for 11.4 since I'm not supporting it because it rellies on additional repositories and I don't have time to support that.

Hello again, I have installed gnome-shell-3.2.2.1-2.8.1.x86_64 and i cleared the xsession-errors before log out from gnome3.2 and log in in cinnamon 1.4 and here is the actual log SUSE Paste Thanks

Sulzbach (Taunus), Hessen [Hesse], Deutschland [Germany]

Thumbs up AW: Re: Cinnamon 1.4.0 Available

Great news!
    Thanks for your work, all of you!

I think this will give the openSUSE users even more freedom to choose
    Although personally I like the GNOME3 concept (with a view addons) .

Maybe someone of the you community contributors could update the wiki page on
    openSUSE:GNOME Cinnamon - openSUSE
    Quote Originally Posted by openSUSE wiki
    Updated to Cinnamon 1.2.0 stable!
    ?

If someone gets
    (for example via Cinnamon 1.4 improves workspace management - The H Open Source: News and Features )
    from linuxmint.com: Download : Cinnamon
    to this openSUSE wiki page
    the user might think that Cinnamon for openSUSE is still on Version Cinnamon 1.2.0 not on Cinnamon 1.4.0 .

Regards
    Martin

Default Re: AW: Re: Cinnamon 1.4.0 Available

I have tested installing Cinnamon on a openSUSE 12.1 KDE LiveCD and GNOME, in both cases a plain
    Code:
     # zypper install cinnamon
    does the job and it works. Furthermore:

* Cinnamon can be directly installed on KDE based systems, the dependencies are all pulled for Cinnamon to work;
    * Cinnamon does work ok with KDM;
    * Cinnamon can be directly installed on GNOME based systems, the dependencies are properly pulled;
    * Cinnamon cinnamon does work fine with GDM and lightDM.

Please update cinnamon and make sure you are running Cinnamon 1.4.0 and Muffin 1.0.2 (which should be the default install), otherwise try with a LiveCD (GNOME preferred).

Blog Entries

I tested it on 12.1 Gnome - clean install and 'dup' to tumbleweed
    Used the Tumbleweed Cinnamon

Works just fine
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Upgrading to Tumbleweed solved my problem. Thanks

I got the same behavior as @morbidwar. When opening Cinnamon nothing else happens -- only my Gnome wallpapper and icons, no title bars or any pannel.

Here's my .xsession-error file:

Code:
    etc/X11/xim: Checking whether an input method should be started.
    sourcing /etc/sysconfig/language to get the value of INPUT_METHOD
    INPUT_METHOD is not set or empty (no user selected input method).
    Trying to start a default input method for the locale en_US.UTF-8 ...
    There is no default input method for the current locale.
    Dummy input method "none" (do not use any fancy input method by default)
    gnome-session[7145]: WARNING: Could not parse desktop file /home/timm/.config/autostart/xfce4-settings-helper-autostart.desktop: Key file does not have key 'Name'
    gnome-session[7145]: WARNING: could not read /home/timm/.config/autostart/xfce4-settings-helper-autostart.desktop
    gnome-session[7145]: WARNING: Could not parse desktop file /home/timm/.config/autostart/xfconf-migration-4.6.desktop: Key file does not have key 'Name'
    gnome-session[7145]: WARNING: could not read /home/timm/.config/autostart/xfconf-migration-4.6.desktop
    gnome-keyring-daemon: insufficient process capabilities, unsecure memory might get used
    gnome-keyring-daemon: insufficient process capabilities, unsecure memory might get used
    GNOME_KEYRING_CONTROL=/tmp/keyring-d7l9C7
    GNOME_KEYRING_PID=7223
    GPG_AGENT_INFO=/tmp/keyring-d7l9C7/gpg:0:1
    SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/tmp/keyring-d7l9C7/ssh

(gnome-settings-daemon:7227): color-plugin-WARNING **: failed to create device: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ColorManager.Failed: failed to obtain org.freedesktop.color-manager.create-device auth

(gnome-settings-daemon:7227): color-plugin-WARNING **: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ColorManager.Failed: failed to obtain org.freedesktop.color-manager.create-profile auth

(gnome-settings-daemon:7227): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_x11_keymap_get_entries_for_keyval: assertion `keyval != 0' failed

(cinnamon:7261): Clutter-CRITICAL **: Unable to initialize Clutter: Unable to find suitable fbconfig for the GLX context: Failed to find any compatible fbconfigs
    Window manager error: Unable to initialize Clutter.
    Initializing tracker-store...
    Tracker-Message: Setting up monitor for changes to config file:'/home/timm/.config/tracker/tracker-store.cfg'
    Tracker-Message: Setting up monitor for changes to config file:'/home/timm/.config/tracker/tracker-store.cfg'
    Starting log:
      File:'/home/timm/.local/share/tracker/tracker-store.log'
    Initializing tracker-miner-fs...
    Tracker-Message: Setting up monitor for changes to config file:'/home/timm/.config/tracker/tracker-miner-fs.cfg'
    Starting log:
      File:'/home/timm/.local/share/tracker/tracker-miner-fs.log'
    Starting Dropbox...
    ** (gsynaptics-init:7291): WARNING **: Using synclient
    Failure: Module initalization failed
    Failed to play sound: File or data not found
    Initializing nautilus-open-terminal extension
    Initializing nautilus-gdu extension
    (nautilus:7289): Tracker-DEBUG: Initializing tracker-tags extension

** (nautilus:7289): WARNING **: Can not calculate _NET_NUMBER_OF_DESKTOPS

** (nautilus:7289): WARNING **: Can not calculate _NET_NUMBER_OF_DESKTOPS

** (nautilus:7289): WARNING **: Can not get _NET_WORKAREA

** (nautilus:7289): WARNING **: Can not determine workarea, guessing at layout
    Dropbox isn't running!
    Done!

(gnome-settings-daemon:7227): updates-plugin-WARNING **: Failed to get symlink: Error stating file '/run/udev/firmware-missing/intel-ucode/06-2a-07': No such file or directory
    I'm also not sure how did you proceed installing Cinnamon from Tumbleweed. Had you performed a dist upgrade (zypper dup) using Tumbleweed before installing Cinnamon? Would you clarify?

Thanks in advance,
    Lucas Timm
    Last edited by luctimm; 17-Mar-2012 at 17:35. Reason: a "m" letter missing in "Tumbleweed"...

Blog Entries

I wasn't recommending Tumblweed as a solution
    Merely stating the specifics of my experience.

But I installed 12.1 Gnome
    Patched it with zypper patch
    Switched to Tumbleweed repos and ran zypper dup
    Ran the Tumblewwed ymp http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...d/cinnamon.ymp
    It added a repo I already had, so I modified the install proposal
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast