Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: STR (sleep/suspend-to-ram) not working after KDE 4.8.1 update

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    970

    Default STR (sleep/suspend-to-ram) not working after KDE 4.8.1 update

    I have a laptop running 12.1_64 and recently updated to KDE 4.8.1.
    Code:
    Linux HPDV7-Linux.capenet 3.1.9-1.4-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Jan 27 08:55:10 UTC 2012 (efb5ff4) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    The 12.1/KDE 4.7, then KDE 4.8.0 install was about three weeks ago.
    Has run well, including Suspend (to RAM) function.

    Since the KDE 4.8.1 update 3 days ago, Suspend fails.

    In /var/log/messages, I see plasma-desktop and krunner refusing to sleep
    Code:
    .......
    Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [  584.397650] Freezing user space processes ... 
    Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [  604.407049] Freezing of tasks failed after 20.00 seconds (2 tasks refusing to freeze, wq_busy=0):
    Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [  604.407121] plasma-desktop  D 0000000000000000     0  2063      1 0x00800004
    Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [  604.407127]  ffff88011a17fc48 0000000000000086 ffff88011a17fc18 ffff88011a17ffd8
    Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [  604.407135]  0000000000000000 ffff88011a17ffd8 ffff88011a17ffd8 ffff88011a17ffd8
    Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [  604.407143]  ffff8801275d6840 ffff88011a17c040 0000000100053e00 ffff88011a17fcb0
    Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [  604.407150] Call Trace:
    Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [  604.407188]  [<ffffffffa08d972f>] rpc_wait_bit_killable+0x1f/0x40 [sunrpc]
    Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [  604.407224]  [<ffffffff8159c36f>] __wait_on_bit+0x4f/0x80
    Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [  604.407232]  [<ffffffff8159c41c>] out_of_line_wait_on_bit+0x7c/0xa0
    Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [  604.407248]  [<ffffffffa08da274>] __rpc_execute+0xe4/0x1c0 [sunrpc]
    Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [  604.407280]  [<ffffffffa08d27b9>] rpc_run_task+0x69/0x90 [sunrpc]
    Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [  604.407298]  [<ffffffffa08d28ef>] rpc_call_sync+0x3f/0x70 [sunrpc]
    Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [  604.407330]  [<ffffffffa09685dc>] nfs3_rpc_wrapper.constprop.11+0x3c/0x60 [nfs]
    Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [  604.407392]  [<ffffffffa09699e3>] nfs3_proc_statfs+0x43/0x90 [nfs]
    Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [  604.407451]  [<ffffffffa095abd0>] nfs_statfs+0x60/0x180 [nfs]
    Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [  604.407478]  [<ffffffff81181258>] statfs_by_dentry+0x98/0x140
    Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [  604.407486]  [<ffffffff81181321>] vfs_statfs+0x21/0x60
    Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [  604.407493]  [<ffffffff81181390>] user_statfs+0x30/0x50
    Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [  604.407500]  [<ffffffff81181412>] sys_statfs+0x12/0x30
    Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [  604.407508]  [<ffffffff815a4c12>] system_call_fastpath+0x16/0x1b
    Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [  604.407532]  [<00007f5c79768e07>] 0x7f5c79768e06
    Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [  604.407540] krunner         D 0000000000000000     0  2115      1 0x00800004
    Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [  604.407544]  ffff880113bb1c48 0000000000000086 ffff880113bb1c18 ffff880113bb1fd8
    Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [  604.407552]  0000000000000000 ffff880113bb1fd8 ffff880113bb1fd8 ffff880113bb1fd8
    Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [  604.407559]  ffff8801275d6840 ffff880116540280 0000000100053e00 ffff880113bb1cb0
    Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [  604.407567] Call Trace:
    
    --------
    I also see that /var/log/pm-suspend.log has trash - looks like a binary dump, then a few lines from the restore process.

    I did not find much here on SuSE Forum relating to this.
    A Google search found that, interestingly, other distros were reporting issues with KDE 4.8.0 not suspending correctly, with reports that KDE 4.8.1 had a fix for the issue. My results are just the opposite!

    At the moment, I am guessing that there is an issue with interface to the kernel and that the other distros were ahead of SuSE 12.1, will head off to check some more.
    My laptop is running ATI Catalyst 12.1, I don't have a reason to suspect it is a display driver issue but can't see the suspend info in /var/log/pm-suspend.log to verify that.
    I do know that KDE 4.8.1 suspends just fine on a SuSE 11.4 desktop, also running Catalyst 12.1 but obviously an older kernel(2.6.37-6).

    Can anyone report success suspending 12.1(kernel 3.1.9-1.4)/KDE 4.8.1?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    sri mayapur, west bengal, india
    Posts
    958

    Default Re: STR (sleep/suspend-to-ram) not working after KDE 4.8.1 update

    On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 18:36:03 +0530, cmcgrath5035
    <cmcgrath5035@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

    >
    > I have a laptop running 12.1_64 and recently updated to KDE 4.8.1.
    >
    > Code:
    > --------------------
    > Linux HPDV7-Linux.capenet 3.1.9-1.4-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Jan
    > 27 08:55:10 UTC 2012 (efb5ff4) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    > --------------------
    >
    > The 12.1/KDE 4.7, then KDE 4.8.0 install was about three weeks ago.
    > Has run well, including Suspend (to RAM) function.
    >
    > Since the KDE 4.8.1 update 3 days ago, Suspend fails.
    >
    > In /var/log/messages, I see plasma-desktop and krunner refusing to
    > sleep
    > Code:
    > --------------------
    > .......
    > Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [ 584.397650] Freezing user space
    > processes ...
    > Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [ 604.407049] Freezing of tasks
    > failed after 20.00 seconds (2 tasks refusing to freeze, wq_busy=0):
    > Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [ 604.407121] plasma-desktop D
    > 0000000000000000 0 2063 1 0x00800004
    > Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [ 604.407127] ffff88011a17fc48
    > 0000000000000086 ffff88011a17fc18 ffff88011a17ffd8
    > Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [ 604.407135] 0000000000000000
    > ffff88011a17ffd8 ffff88011a17ffd8 ffff88011a17ffd8
    > Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [ 604.407143] ffff8801275d6840
    > ffff88011a17c040 0000000100053e00 ffff88011a17fcb0
    > Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [ 604.407150] Call Trace:
    > Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [ 604.407188]
    > [<ffffffffa08d972f>] rpc_wait_bit_killable+0x1f/0x40 [sunrpc]
    > Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [ 604.407224]
    > [<ffffffff8159c36f>] __wait_on_bit+0x4f/0x80
    > Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [ 604.407232]
    > [<ffffffff8159c41c>] out_of_line_wait_on_bit+0x7c/0xa0
    > Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [ 604.407248]
    > [<ffffffffa08da274>] __rpc_execute+0xe4/0x1c0 [sunrpc]
    > Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [ 604.407280]
    > [<ffffffffa08d27b9>] rpc_run_task+0x69/0x90 [sunrpc]
    > Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [ 604.407298]
    > [<ffffffffa08d28ef>] rpc_call_sync+0x3f/0x70 [sunrpc]
    > Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [ 604.407330]
    > [<ffffffffa09685dc>] nfs3_rpc_wrapper.constprop.11+0x3c/0x60 [nfs]
    > Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [ 604.407392]
    > [<ffffffffa09699e3>] nfs3_proc_statfs+0x43/0x90 [nfs]
    > Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [ 604.407451]
    > [<ffffffffa095abd0>] nfs_statfs+0x60/0x180 [nfs]
    > Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [ 604.407478]
    > [<ffffffff81181258>] statfs_by_dentry+0x98/0x140
    > Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [ 604.407486]
    > [<ffffffff81181321>] vfs_statfs+0x21/0x60
    > Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [ 604.407493]
    > [<ffffffff81181390>] user_statfs+0x30/0x50
    > Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [ 604.407500]
    > [<ffffffff81181412>] sys_statfs+0x12/0x30
    > Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [ 604.407508]
    > [<ffffffff815a4c12>] system_call_fastpath+0x16/0x1b
    > Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [ 604.407532]
    > [<00007f5c79768e07>] 0x7f5c79768e06
    > Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [ 604.407540] krunner D
    > 0000000000000000 0 2115 1 0x00800004
    > Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [ 604.407544] ffff880113bb1c48
    > 0000000000000086 ffff880113bb1c18 ffff880113bb1fd8
    > Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [ 604.407552] 0000000000000000
    > ffff880113bb1fd8 ffff880113bb1fd8 ffff880113bb1fd8
    > Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [ 604.407559] ffff8801275d6840
    > ffff880116540280 0000000100053e00 ffff880113bb1cb0
    > Mar 11 07:29:27 HPDV7-Linux kernel: [ 604.407567] Call Trace:
    > --------
    > --------------------
    >
    > I also see that /var/log/pm-suspend.log has trash - looks like a binary
    > dump, then a few lines from the restore process.
    >
    > I did not find much here on SuSE Forum relating to this.
    > A Google search found that, interestingly, other distros were reporting
    > issues with KDE 4.8.0 not suspending correctly, with reports that KDE
    > 4.8.1 had a fix for the issue. My results are just the opposite!
    >
    > At the moment, I am guessing that there is an issue with interface to
    > the kernel and that the other distros were ahead of SuSE 12.1, will head
    > off to check some more.
    > My laptop is running ATI Catalyst 12.1, I don't have a reason to
    > suspect it is a display driver issue but can't see the suspend info in
    > /var/log/pm-suspend.log to verify that.
    > I do know that KDE 4.8.1 suspends just fine on a SuSE 11.4 desktop,
    > also running Catalyst 12.1 but obviously an older kernel(2.6.37-6).
    >
    > Can anyone report success suspending 12.1(kernel 3.1.9-1.4)/KDE 4.8.1?
    >



    similar trouble here, same openSUSE, kernel, and KDE versions, with nvidia
    graphics (295.20). started after a recent update to KDE, couple of days
    ago. my /var/log/pm-suspend.log is even more cryptic. it starts with
    "redirecting to systemctl," then follows something that looks like a
    binary dump, and at the end
    /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/06autofs suspend suspend: success.
    Running hook /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/30s2disk-check suspend suspend:

    /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/30s2disk-check suspend suspend: success.
    Running hook /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/45pcmcia suspend suspend:
    ejecting PCMCIA cards...

    /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/45pcmcia suspend suspend: success.
    Running hook /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/49bluetooth suspend suspend:

    /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/49bluetooth suspend suspend: success.
    Running hook /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/50rcnetwork suspend suspend:
    i was calling "pm-suspend" from the command line (as root), and that
    process got stuck without any output until i killed it with ctrl+c.


    --
    phani.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    970

    Default Re: STR (sleep/suspend-to-ram) not working after KDE 4.8.1 update

    phani - you pm-suspend.log looks same as mine.

    FYI, I ran an update just now that seems to have fixed whatever the problem was/is:

    From YAST, I chose to "update all if new version available" for repository @system
    This is the zypper log
    Code:
    2012-03-11 09:36:34|install|digikam-doc|2.5.0-139.3|noarch|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|789810e168bb05c2e1ee93a49290558a2dc2aaaed5beb6ddd6fc9ce9ae7e4128
    # 2012-03-11 09:36:35 kdm-branding-openSUSE-12.1-5.3.noarch.rpm installed ok
    # Additional rpm output:
    # Updating /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager...
    # 
    2012-03-11 09:36:35|install|kdm-branding-openSUSE|12.1-5.3|noarch|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|493ef5c87a55bafe9e26f99c37525974deab3e11fbf6520567637bd2b03cdd46
    2012-03-11 09:36:36|install|libkdecore4|4.8.1-481.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|6b87206fbb0e5c70b3e256813042cc116036a13c12bd9b35c0692c9e6d2e4db6
    2012-03-11 09:36:36|install|libkdecore4-32bit|4.8.1-481.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|b0780b0f6e1bf9f08f5bf09f7a36d9367c6100d13859c2da6364e91b76665e01
    2012-03-11 09:36:37|install|libmarblewidget13|4.8.1-46.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|9b4c45caa755f6582de11d3de352ea517e682ed253f7f5ec866f047bea898f32
    2012-03-11 09:36:37|install|libstrigi0|0.7.7-66.1|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|8a20685eae2cd80c1294607be17c2d014e9bfbc0ba6976bdec29dba5e9b02d6b
    2012-03-11 09:36:38|install|plasma-theme-oxygen|4.8.1-363.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|de9ac847b9cc3095952b2c6ba0042331c5cb99de60b78c347148da7e57e0b137
    2012-03-11 09:36:39|install|libkface1|2.5.0-139.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|544eb543414892eed6a46780e47cb7f32267390b76651cdc19c3ae94871fe9b1
    2012-03-11 09:36:40|install|libkde4-32bit|4.8.1-481.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|fefb2c25b75168079b7612461779386cdb1c8aa88149b958b5952bf02b7a8f06
    2012-03-11 09:36:40|install|strigi-devel|0.7.7-66.1|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|2ebb8286f33084fd11b6303d80cc0a8ded18d54f22ae886811725d6c0d36ca3d
    2012-03-11 09:36:41|install|strigi|0.7.7-66.1|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|e2d6c09ade1c0cc6961c88f13af0d0e0621479620ed55d73ebc803de3eb46dfa
    2012-03-11 09:36:43|install|libkde4|4.8.1-481.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|7037d98821f6d18d9134a9e90247e858ac8b1c0fcef0df6262a60ba43434ee92
    2012-03-11 09:36:43|install|libksuseinstall1-32bit|4.8.1-481.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|6fca2a43d84eb41f32a8acd43c9a89222fe83019c1aee8c09aa2a66f8484d3b0
    2012-03-11 09:36:43|install|libksuseinstall1|4.8.1-481.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|e3ea62c59c0b53c0b1dad92a5d6bfcbcb4357bce5f2c4d995b4a9c0597d767c9
    2012-03-11 09:36:44|install|libkgeomap1|2.5.0-139.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|55420e71ea62ed1f4c74d485278627af7512630d7cb0d13596889b4347ea9608
    2012-03-11 09:36:45|install|libkdepim4|4.8.1-331.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|893d5acdec87943e61411363c114a5455d31a6f245eb67e48394d1697acab54f
    2012-03-11 09:36:45|install|kdelibs4-core|4.8.1-481.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|47aa0bc98d9a5ec81c3613c6addc958601004a8a1ff11e4d9e75e784cda9857b
    2012-03-11 09:36:45|install|libkgeomap-lang|2.5.0-139.3|noarch|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|b111bbf9b5f523bfbe671cba35e44d5a53a6917cd5ae11b979c5fde7a869fbbc
    2012-03-11 09:36:45|install|kdelibs4-branding-openSUSE|12.1-5.3|noarch|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|36158ea0bac90b9cd9449089886200e042db240f741f008039ef26301cd7e9e8
    2012-03-11 09:36:50|install|kdebase4-runtime|4.8.1-363.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|7cbc7edd0ffa7aef13c92e9d2d28b5c3d2b9f4326eeb1343b12a624542c56832
    2012-03-11 09:36:51|install|libkdecore4-devel|4.8.1-481.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|4f385cb3b2eceddfd208eedd2b9b02a32737d172fc83005a0929ac2f4956a4bf
    2012-03-11 09:36:54|install|kdelibs4|4.8.1-481.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|ea356ba583569d7d2ced04e37124af7d1c1b6b806f3ade4f662cf74d63464192
    2012-03-11 09:36:55|install|marble|4.8.1-46.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|d1b578762cec5c2bd6f7276e8df928265ce1309c03e53828deee22b779ae6b2e
    2012-03-11 09:36:56|install|kwalletmanager|4.8.1-12.4|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|8bd3116da0a9ec3260ee86ac2989586d5a9db13950e11d9c4597c0593f895d48
    2012-03-11 09:36:57|install|konversation|1.4-43.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|4e3c93695109430136fa060952ce029674c7f1f3f8b24f8680c66794b644f90d
    2012-03-11 09:36:58|install|kompare|4.8.1-230.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|58ea9d013759e9ddad858a95bfd334d35315044d9c00134e7cfa0a5646e50072
    2012-03-11 09:36:58|install|knotes|4.8.1-331.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|8ecd366968b37b867408d8492bc20249577238dc87260fa1af02463fd636e137
    2012-03-11 09:37:00|install|kipi-plugins|2.5.0-139.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|c79c5dada916438aef5d1ed9693b956bdb090ca2b801fb229545c64028ba7775
    2012-03-11 09:37:01|install|kdelibs4-doc|4.8.1-481.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|4c12996e2042c54059084a944025f54fe95bf5f3fb3dc274ba57f168ae5f7803
    2012-03-11 09:37:01|install|kdebase4-runtime-xine|4.8.1-363.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|8d0fff4dcabba11df3b1fce2d00d456acee1b9c20da596076ebdef7c2f9185e5
    2012-03-11 09:37:01|install|kde4-kgreeter-plugins|4.8.1-729.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|e2b41c420121043ddb5e42850d2d6bc36461489fc7d28b2edf17006e758ae203
    2012-03-11 09:37:02|install|kaddressbook|4.8.1-331.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|c3439213597c4c4acd2f43bc9269237f3724295321a69cc0ec54c0dce177efea
    2012-03-11 09:37:03|install|akregator|4.8.1-331.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|1fa683b17608e8991f4bd90aec21788c759bc09d4f5954005788b2779f1d21c5
    2012-03-11 09:37:04|install|akonadi|4.8.1-331.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|d7f068ce03b6d42eb19d5e156f98184141e20c2adc8723a9827f9cd2788fe956
    2012-03-11 09:37:06|install|marble-data|4.8.1-46.3|noarch|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|fa50467d8c271791c2fbf886569a90007da51c3fd2c9ef5e7a121d6bf82e0e10
    2012-03-11 09:37:06|install|konversation-lang|1.4-43.3|noarch|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|d3d59bb50704929c0bf4368a4908f1fe5b4b0b2d26f8614c0be29c23636b1708
    2012-03-11 09:37:07|install|kipi-plugins-lang|2.5.0-139.3|noarch|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|23bac9b3189a635ad315b7ddaed0a759b2d33f9a0d7278146654eef76ef33942
    2012-03-11 09:37:07|install|kipi-plugins-geolocation|2.5.0-139.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|3cac09060e041526c13a1e438794108c50dd2968790fe4153cf2a1eb226ac3c7
    2012-03-11 09:37:07|install|kipi-plugins-acquireimage|2.5.0-139.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|e498d3445d8f5deba45598d4b45843c1ea0d0c35994a5e0b072381c91ed31013
    2012-03-11 09:37:10|install|digikam|2.5.0-139.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|9fd79695df259c09aa3d65ab58f55b51bade798947c1a28433a5744be0a5b4c6
    2012-03-11 09:37:11|install|libkde4-devel|4.8.1-481.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|cfdcbbc1081ea251a88b268f36a63516e64f66f65d29a88d0f1a3b36eec33496
    2012-03-11 09:37:12|install|kdebase4-workspace-liboxygenstyle|4.8.1-729.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|6512ccae629b571bc4b0a646dc90d016b36846094a3f4d9fa228c82c785cf118
    2012-03-11 09:37:14|install|kdepim4|4.8.1-331.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|b4419b2e105e382abceb8e03912fc201046cbbfa71b681b8fcee99214a5373e4
    2012-03-11 09:37:14|install|digikam-lang|2.5.0-139.3|noarch|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|3a0724de89bc6c022146a60aefda7d5dae20d935bc962e73ce49a8aa7ab27529
    2012-03-11 09:37:17|install|kdebase4-workspace|4.8.1-729.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|b685594ef4b25928563a000f786a8bdc8098b2f34b0da3d0456111342fc3a08c
    2012-03-11 09:37:19|install|korganizer|4.8.1-331.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|35f53812c7f470e978495d7fa9dcc4d541ad9408cd23b04d31ced0762c8f87fe
    2012-03-11 09:37:20|install|kontact|4.8.1-331.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|ef8cf9b2f1599f5b50be74d6d6360b4a5b99659acd0ed20add3a3bd6d9bb4aea
    # 2012-03-11 09:37:20 kdebase4-workspace-ksysguardd-4.8.1-729.3.x86_64.rpm installed ok
    # Additional rpm output:
    # redirecting to systemctl
    # 
    2012-03-11 09:37:20|install|kdebase4-workspace-ksysguardd|4.8.1-729.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|7ae90d8be7c1227cc29f825e0d214dbd17ea6644f8698d09ed099d33362cccaa
    2012-03-11 09:37:22|install|kwin|4.8.1-729.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|43aeaa24e48a0ce0f9a5809229c5e254dd0261e8c44a498a0c1d0b5f6c65d1d1
    # 2012-03-11 09:37:23 kdm-4.8.1-729.3.x86_64.rpm installed ok
    # Additional rpm output:
    # Warning: Do not know how to create missing GreeterUID user kdm
    # Information: reading pre-existing kdmrc /usr/share/kde4/config/kdm/kdmrc (config version 2.4)
    # 
    2012-03-11 09:37:23|install|kdm|4.8.1-729.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|7ef8e2e10183b59b72d4b99d17273574e09aae979ef90982e3f229d8aae5956a
    2012-03-11 09:37:23|install|kdebase4-workspace-plasma-engine-akonadi|4.8.1-729.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|be8db0924a939223a117aa2bcdbb62c93a702e20c3b296dac53c88717438d2e0
    2012-03-11 09:37:23|install|kdebase4-workspace-plasma-calendar|4.8.1-729.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|e7e9b659222b01d41924bd65100f118ec383b6a3d09410207260c844329c288b
    2012-03-11 09:37:24|install|kdebase4-workspace-devel|4.8.1-729.3|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Core|8dc0bd40028c0eab6a96dd21dfdbfeacc784fcdc472d96901b6dc6edc21fd73e
    2012-03-11 09:37:24|install|atiupgrade|3.2.2-2.1|noarch|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|PTA_repo|8d18f0d36c5519fc894b054cad3105da6dfb7d70bbdb0a19174a69dbba5b97a4
    2012-03-11 09:37:24|install|gstreamer-0_10-fluendo-mpegdemux|0.10.69-43.1|x86_64|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|packman.inode.at-suse|f080c89bcb6630ee566f304fbf21734d3b381cb0
    2012-03-11 09:37:26|install|kwave|0.8.7-1.13|i586|root@HPDV7-Linux.capenet|KDE48_Extra|087b41c13cd3e580d30aa751ca8f0624b0e5b51b46a01be63b4c843f84bfe964
    After this, I logged out/logged in (to restart KDE) and suspend worked.

    Interestingly, /var/log/pm-suspend.log is still garbage

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    sri mayapur, west bengal, india
    Posts
    958

    Default Re: STR (sleep/suspend-to-ram) not working after KDE 4.8.1 update

    On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 19:36:03 +0530, cmcgrath5035
    <cmcgrath5035@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

    >
    > phani - you pm-suspend.log looks same as mine.
    >
    > FYI, I ran an update just now that seems to have fixed whatever the
    > problem was/is:
    >
    > ...
    > ...
    >
    > After this, I logged out/logged in (to restart KDE) and suspend worked.
    >
    > Interestingly, /var/log/pm-suspend.log is still garbage
    >



    interesting; i ran update today, too, but still can't suspend. perhaps my
    mirrors are behind yours, and/or the fact that i'm using
    KDE:/Distro:/Factory makes a difference. i don't have excess free time now
    and can live without beingable to suspend, so i'll just wait a while
    longer. if this continues, i'll have to look into bug reports eventually...

    --
    phani.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    970

    Default Re: STR (sleep/suspend-to-ram) not working after KDE 4.8.1 update

    It would appear that I spoke too soon - on second attempt to suspend, krunner once again refused to suspend, so problem still exists but in different flavors; much more fun to debug.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: STR (sleep/suspend-to-ram) not working after KDE 4.8.1 update

    On 2012-03-11 14:36, phanisvara das wrote:
    > On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 18:36:03 +0530, cmcgrath5035


    [CODE]
    >> /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/49bluetooth suspend suspend: success.
    >> Running hook /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/50rcnetwork suspend suspend:
    >>

    >
    > i was calling "pm-suspend" from the command line (as root), and that
    > process got stuck without any output until i killed it with ctrl+c.


    I have that same problem on 11.4 since yesterday, when I did an update
    (patch). I did no KDE update. It gets stuck with the network script. I
    temporarily moved the script to another directory, and pm-hibernate
    succeeds.

    When I get back home I'll have a better look.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos
    Carlos E. R.
    (training machine)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    sri mayapur, west bengal, india
    Posts
    958

    Default Re: STR (sleep/suspend-to-ram) not working after KDE 4.8.1 update

    On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 00:40:14 +0530, Carlos E. R.
    <robin_listas@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

    > On 2012-03-11 14:36, phanisvara das wrote:
    >> On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 18:36:03 +0530, cmcgrath5035

    >
    > [CODE]
    >>> /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/49bluetooth suspend suspend: success.
    >>> Running hook /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/50rcnetwork suspend suspend:
    >>>

    >>
    >> i was calling "pm-suspend" from the command line (as root), and that
    >> process got stuck without any output until i killed it with ctrl+c.

    >
    > I have that same problem on 11.4 since yesterday, when I did an update
    > (patch). I did no KDE update. It gets stuck with the network script. I
    > temporarily moved the script to another directory, and pm-hibernate
    > succeeds.
    >
    > When I get back home I'll have a better look.
    >


    ah, thanks; i'll do that myself. i tried with sysvinit instead of systemd,
    but while this doesn't garble the log entry, it also ends after calling
    the network script.

    --
    phani

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: STR (sleep/suspend-to-ram) not working after KDE 4.8.1 update

    On 2012-03-12 20:53, phanisvara das wrote:
    > On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 00:40:14 +0530, Carlos E. R. <> wrote:


    >> When I get back home I'll have a better look.
    >>

    >
    > ah, thanks; i'll do that myself. i tried with sysvinit instead of systemd,
    > but while this doesn't garble the log entry, it also ends after calling the
    > network script.


    Ok, I did that and saw that it is beyond me. I reported the issue as “Bug
    751887 - Hibernation failure after security patches applied.”

    For those having the problem of failure to hibernate, /and/ you are not
    using automatic IP (traditional method), remove temporarily the script
    "/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/50rcnetwork". Make a backup first if you want.

    The problem is not that script, but one called by it, I haven't tracked
    which one.

    For those using dhcp, I dunno. You might remove the script, and do
    "rcnetwork restart" when you come back.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: STR (sleep/suspend-to-ram) not working after KDE 4.8.1 update

    On 2012-03-12 23:03, Carlos E. R. wrote:

    > Ok, I did that and saw that it is beyond me. I reported the issue as “Bug
    > 751887 - Hibernation failure after security patches applied.”


    They ask if you are using systemd or systemv. Please post on the bug.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    970

    Default Re: STR (sleep/suspend-to-ram) not working after KDE 4.8.1 update

    I added a spreadsheet of observations to Bugs 751811 and 751887

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •