Thread: pcscd needs manual restart after each reboot - OpenSuse 11.3 (32-bit)

Default pcscd needs manual restart after each reboot - OpenSuse 11.3 (32-bit)

Hi

I am using SafeNet Authentication Client with usbkey to access my bank account. After installation everything was working ok for few days. But one day it just stopped working. I reinstalled all needed software again and it was working again but after first reboot it again stopped working. I tried to check what is causing problem after rebooting. Could not find exact reason but I found out that after I restart pcscd service everything is working normally.

Did someone had similar problem? What could I do that I do not have to manual restart pcscd service after each reboot?

Tnx

Default Re: pcscd needs manual restart after each reboot - OpenSuse 11.3 (32-bit)

To begin with, as 11.3 is not supported any more, I guess most people will have updated to 11.4 or 12.1 and thus not be able to have the exact same experience you have.

Did you check in YaST > System > System services (runlevel) if it is in the list there and when yes if it is configured on for the correct runlevel?

Did you look for any error mesages during boot about an eventual aborted trial to start it?
    Henk van Velden