Thread: Using H.264 video codec with kdenlive

Default Using H.264 video codec with kdenlive

Hi!

When I try to render a video using the H.264 preset I get an error:

Code:
    Rendering of /home/john/kdenlive/test.mp4 crashed
    (<unknown>:8076): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_debug_add_log_function: assertion `func != NULL' failed<br>[swscaler @ 0x7fcd9403eb60] Warning: data is not aligned! This can lead to a speedloss<br>[NULL @ 0x1a94200] Codec is experimental but experimental codecs are not enabled, see -strict -2<br>consumer_avformat.c: Unable to encode audio - disabling audio output.<br>[mp4 @ 0x98f700] track 1: codec frame size is not set<br>
    The file renders fine if I use the MPEG-4 preset. I am uncertain as to whether the problem is with the video or audio codec. This link seems to suggest that I want to render audio to mp3, which I would try, but the file profiles.xml does not seem to exist on my system, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to choose an audio codec in kdenlive..

Does anyone have a suggestions? I'm on 11.4, with the most updates of kdenlive and mlt from packman. Thanks!

- John

Default Re: Using H.264 video codec with kdenlive

As you pointed out the file renders fine, I use kdenlive & this problem started about 4 months ago IIRC. It is safe for you to ignore this warning, I have with no problems.
    The Packman crew is aware of it AFAIK.
    We are what we think.
    All that we are arises with our thoughts.
    With our thoughts we make the world.

My 64 bit: Gateway 5670 UPDATED | RADEON RX 570 |CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600
    Opensuse Tumbleweed Plasma 5

Hi. Thanks for the response. However, I pointed out that the file renders fine using the MPEG-4 preset, not the H.264 preset, which fails utterly. I think that you are confusing the error presented in the OP with the "file may be corrupted" warning that come at the end of rendering that we seem t o be stuck with at the moment, and which I am ignoring. But it would be nice if I could render with H.264.

This is solved. I found the profiles.xml file in /usr/share/kde4/apps/kdenlive/export directory. I edited the H.264 group to have acodec=libmp3lame (instead of acodec=aac), and I can now render in H.264.