Kradio not working opensuse 12.1

Hi folks!

I am facing a problem here, I use opensuse 12.1 at its stock KDE 4.7.2 and Kradio is not working! I have 2 TV cards, Hauppage HVR 1300 and NotOnlyTV LV3H properly configured and working via Kaffeine for DVB-T signal and TvTime for Analog PAL but Kradio is not usable! It was working fine back at opensuse 11.4 days with LV3H card (only bug was the wrong tuning frequencies but at least I could tune to radio stations) but now at both of them it shows no card model at settings-> V4L Radio sector and cannot playback anything but noise either with digital or analog connection via the line in port of the sound card!

Any ideas?

Anyone else facing same problem?

djdoo,

I too am dealing with issues concerning Kradio. I’ve got openSuSE 12.1 and KDE 4+. I can launch the app, but can’t get it to tune into stations.

I have this too, openSuSE 12.1 (kernel 3.1.10) and AVerMedia Hybrid TV/Radio (A16D) (SAA7134 based). The FM band-II tuner stopped working when I upgraded from openSuSE 11.4.

A bit of googling finds a lot of similar reports since some cleaning-up of the kernel tuner code in late 2011, so I am going to try a newer kernel to see if that helps.

Cheers
Richard (MQ)
Linux user # 439271, SuSE / openSuSE since v5.2

If the driver is cleaned from the kernel, a newer kernel won’t help. You may have to need to compile the driver sources to create a kernel module.

If the driver is cleaned from the kernel, a newer kernel won’t help. You may have to need to compile the driver sources to create a kernel module.

Yes, thanks - I realise that, but I wasn’t being very clear - I really meant “try 12.2 again” (replacing openSuSE 12.1)

Well, I now have 12.2 running, and most things work OK - except for kradio…

This time kradio seems to tune OK - the stereo icon comes on when set to frequencies where I’d expect a signal. However, no sound comes through.

In the configuration menu, there is a section “ALSA Sound” where the “PCM playback device” can be set. The default is “Default ALSA device”; both with this and any of the other options (mainly “HDA NVidia” family) there is no sound, and no stream appearing in the kmix “Playback streams” tab. If I play music from e.g. kplay it works fine and the stream does appear in that tab.

Has anyone used kradio4 with pulseaudio? It would be nice to be able to pick up some local stations which are not available on-line or on DVB-T, but I am close to giving up!

Up-to-date 12.2 / kde 4.85; kradio 4.04

Thanks for any suggestions!
Cheers

Richard (MQ)
Linux user # 439271, SuSE / openSuSE since v5.2