Thread: unetbootin with opensuse 12.1

Default unetbootin with opensuse 12.1

Hi,

I've downloaded OpenSuse 12.1 and Unetbootin 565. I install Opensuse with unetbootin in a pendrive but when I boot with pendrive and I try to install it, it says me:
    "Loading Image.......
    Invalid or corrupt kernel image "

Any help?
    Many thanks and sorry for my english!

Blog Entries

Default Re: unetbootin with opensuse 12.1

Quote Originally Posted by davidtuti View Post
    Hi,

I've downloaded OpenSuse 12.1 and Unetbootin 565. I install Opensuse with unetbootin in a pendrive but when I boot with pendrive and I try to install it, it says me:
    "Loading Image.......
    Invalid or corrupt kernel image "

Any help?
    Many thanks and sorry for my english!
    I cannot find the link right now, but openSUSE used to require converting the image to a hybrid image to run with UNetbootin.

I gave up, and currently use Imagewriter which works with openSUSE, but I find the USB is not explorable in Windows afterwards.

Here is a Wiki page on making Live USBs : SDB:Live USB stick - openSUSE (english). It looks like the page has been or is in the process of being updated.
    "Linux provides freedom, problem is most users don't know what it is or how to use it." ~me
    Friends don't let Friends wear red shirts on away parties!
    Linux User #477531 | Danbury Area Computer Society (www.dacs.org)

Default Re: unetbootin with opensuse 12.1

Quote Originally Posted by dragonbite View Post
    I cannot find the link right now, but openSUSE used to require converting the image to a hybrid image to run with UNetbootin.

I gave up, and currently use Imagewriter which works with openSUSE, but I find the USB is not explorable in Windows afterwards.

Here is a Wiki page on making Live USBs : SDB:Live USB stick - openSUSE (english). It looks like the page has been or is in the process of being updated.
    Many Thanks