Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: OS 12.1(kde) Mozilla OBS Firefox Update --> v.10 File Manager

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,719
    Blog Entries
    20

    Lightbulb OS 12.1(kde) Mozilla OBS Firefox Update --> v.10 File Manager

    I notice if you have Mozilla OBS and update to latest v. 10 Firefox

    You loose the kde file manager in Firefox and get some lame Gnome/Nautilus Filemanager

    On one install I rolled back and got kde manager back

    Just FYI
    Leap 15_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pitesti, Arges County, Romania
    Posts
    595

    Default Re: OS 12.1(kde) Mozilla OBS Firefox Update --> v.10 File Manager

    That is an issue i guess. Thanks for the warning Caf, if this gets in the openSUSE 12.1 update repo i hope it does not behave like the one from the Mozilla Repo.
    openSUSE Community Member: -> en.opensuse.org/User:Creatura85
    Connect Profile:
    -> connect.opensuse.org/pg/profile/creatura85
    openSUSE Romania Member: -> suseromania.ro

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,719
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: OS 12.1(kde) Mozilla OBS Firefox Update --> v.10 File Manager

    Quote Originally Posted by creatura85 View Post
    That is an issue i guess. Thanks for the warning Caf, if this gets in the openSUSE 12.1 update repo i hope it does not behave like the one from the Mozilla Repo.
    Yes. Next to useless and Butt ugly gnome file manager is not what kde users want to see.
    Leap 15_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pitesti, Arges County, Romania
    Posts
    595

    Default Re: OS 12.1(kde) Mozilla OBS Firefox Update --> v.10 File Manager

    Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    Yes. Next to useless and Butt ugly gnome file manager is not what kde users want to see.
    That`s my point.
    openSUSE Community Member: -> en.opensuse.org/User:Creatura85
    Connect Profile:
    -> connect.opensuse.org/pg/profile/creatura85
    openSUSE Romania Member: -> suseromania.ro

  5. #5

    Default Re: OS 12.1(kde) Mozilla OBS Firefox Update --> v.10 File Manager

    Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    I notice if you have Mozilla OBS and update to latest v. 10 Firefox

    You loose the kde file manager in Firefox and get some lame Gnome/Nautilus Filemanager

    On one install I rolled back and got kde manager back

    Just FYI
    Going to repeat my answer from the mailinglist:

    We are aware of that and it's even in the changelog (rpm -q --changelog
    MozillaFirefox)

    * Mo Jan 30 2012 wr@XXXXXXXX.XXX
    - update to Firefox 10.0
    - KDE integration has been disabled since it needs refactoring

    We were not able to port that feature to that version in time and I
    decided to publish security updates without that feature instead of
    waiting for a fix.
    We will deliver the feature when it's ready again.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •