Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: KDE Wallet prompts me at every login

  1. #1

    Default KDE Wallet prompts me at every login

    I've set up my chat and Twitter clients etc, and I've set up my Gmail in KMail. Everything is great.

    Except for one thing.

    Every time I log in, the KDE Wallet asks me for some Gmail IMAP password. Every option that I've had to "allow always" I've clicked. But this one password keeps prompting me. How can I get it to store itself?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,079

    Default Re: KDE Wallet prompts me at every login

    On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 23:26:02 +0000, Forkjulle wrote:

    > I've set up my chat and Twitter clients etc, and I've set up my Gmail in
    > KMail. Everything is great.
    >
    > Except for one thing.
    >
    > Every time I log in, the KDE Wallet asks me for some Gmail IMAP
    > password. Every option that I've had to "allow always" I've clicked. But
    > this one password keeps prompting me. How can I get it to store itself?


    Your best bet is to ask your questions relating to using openSUSE to the
    appropriate forum for support - the general-chit-chat forum is not for
    support questions, but for "general chit chat".

    Jim



    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,381

    Default Re: KDE Wallet prompts me at every login

    A friendly place to converse about your adventures with openSUSE, your weekend, your boss, your new car, and generally stuff that doesn't fit somewhere else (and we must ask: PLEASE do not post help questions here)
    This is prominent at the head of this General Chitchat subforum. I do not know what your local time was when you posted this, but I would advise you should have gone to bed first.
    Henk van Velden

  4. #4

    Default Re: KDE Wallet prompts me at every login

    Yes, I was tired. :-)

    I'd appreciate if a mod could move this thread and then could somebody give me some advice on how to solve my query?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,381

    Default Re: KDE Wallet prompts me at every login

    Quote Originally Posted by Forkjulle View Post
    Yes, I was tired. :-)

    I'd appreciate if a mod could move this thread and then could somebody give me some advice on how to solve my query?
    Please ALL,

    This thread is going to be moved to Applications. Do not post until moved!
    Henk van Velden

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,381

    Default Re: KDE Wallet prompts me at every login

    Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    Please ALL,

    This thread is going to be moved to Applications. Do not post until moved!
    This thread is now open for posting again in Applications.
    Henk van Velden

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,381

    Default Re: KDE Wallet prompts me at every login

    It seems to me that Kwallet is closing itself rahter soon. This can be configured like: closing when not in use (what seems to me what you have), closing after some time, closing on screen-locking, or never (until logout that is).

    Right click on the Applet to see a configure item or use the appropriate menu in the toolbar wen it is in a window.
    Henk van Velden

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •