help is much appreciated

Long Live Linux!!!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Set Up Wine

Rather then reinvent the wheel, here's some openSUSE-specific info:

Additional package repositories - openSUSE

Wine - openSUSE

To configure wine you could type 'winecfg' in Konsole/terminal, to open the file browser type 'winefile'. There is much info on Wine and which application you may expect to run on the Wine site: WineHQ - Run Windows applications on Linux, BSD, Solaris and Mac OS X

I would go for installing 'PlayOnLinux' alongside Wine. It helps you set prefixes specific to the app you wish to install, which is nice. The list of app/games/libs supported by 'PlayOnLinux' is quite decent. Other similar software are 'Winedoors' and 'Winegame', I have never used neither so can't say anything about them. PlayOnLinux is available from the OpenSuSE games repo: Index of /repositories/games/openSUSE_12.1
    OpenSuSE 13.1, KDE 4.11.5, 64bit
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3, AMD FX8350, MSI GeForce GTX 760, RME HDSP9632, 16GB HyperX Kingston DDR3, Samsung 840-Pro SSD 128GB, WD Desktop Black 1TB, Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000 750GB

It has been a long time since i used wine ( the few programs i use take 1000% longer to run in wine
    ( windows7 3 min to run , on wine 1.5 hours to run )

first have you ever hacked the Microsoft system registry using " regedit" .
    if not you might want to LEARN , there are many MS tutorials on hacking the MS registry

wine uses a version of it . Some things will need hacking
    for example: a paid for MS game WILL NEED the system registry in wine hacked to add the authentication values