Cannot Find Preferences in New Firefox

Feeling dumb but I have apparently received an update of Firefox and have lost all my controls. What is worse I cannot find the preferences button to restore them. No tabs, no control panel, just the url entry box. Please could somebody help?
Budgie2

Seeing that you are allready a Busy Penguin, I assume that you not only posted here, but also read a fair amount of threads. Thus you must be aware that telling at least what openSUSE version and in this case also the FF version might help in people reading your question with interest. Having to ask for it again and again is a frustrating thing.

On a hunch, what happens if you right-click just beside (not in) the URL entry box?

I am guessing here, since you did not provide enough information (as others suggested).

If there is a “Firefox” tab near the top left, click on that. It should allow you to access your preferences.

Alternatively, right click on some empty space near the url entry box, and you will probably see a menu that you can use to turn the old menus back on.

On 01/31/2012 11:16 AM, Budgie2 wrote:
>
> Feeling dumb but I have apparently received an update of Firefox and
> have lost all my controls.

you should know if you received an update or not! are you using YaST
Online Update or what? sure hope you are not using apper it is BROKEN!

so, try this:

1. shutdown firefox

2. open a terminal

3. type in and enter

firefox -safe-mode

does FF look better now? if so, you only need to know that what
safe-mode does is disable all extensions and themes…

so, if you get rid of those that are causing this problem, then the next
time you start ff it should work ok…

if that does not work or you have more questions please reply with your
operating system and version, your desktop environment and version and
your FF version…

if it does work, you may reply with your operating system and version,
your desktop environment and version, your FF version and a thank you.

DD http://tinyurl.com/DD-Caveat
Read what Distro Watch writes: http://tinyurl.com/SUSEonDW

Henk I am sorry to have erred once more. I was in great haste and the issue I was sure was a firefox one. Others have guessed my problem and offered solution.
Thanks for the reply.
Budgie2

Hi and many thanks. I had tried this before and it brought up a list of previous websites but following your prompt I tried in different places and eventually found what I needed. Problem solved but no thanks to Mozilla website on which I wasted hours.
Thanks again,
Budgie2

Hi DenverD,
I confess I did use apper on this occasion but doubt that caused the problem. Didn’t know apper was broken but know even less about why I should need it. I much prefer yast and 11.4 update system. Anyhow problem solved.
Many thanks for the reply and info on how to sort out FF.
Regards and thanks once more,
Budgie2