Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which is the easiest pdf tool?

Default Re: which is the easiest pdf tool?

Quote Originally Posted by andyprough View Post
    If you want a real nice tool, nearly a replacement for Adobe Acrobat Pro, try the 30 day free trial version of Foxit Phantom for Business
    Yeah, but I think and guess that free utilities are enough to work on, I guess, however, if ever (in future ever) would be required, then I would go with the Phantom.
    Linux 3.7.10-1.16-desktop openSUSE 12.3 (Dartmouth) (i586) KDE 4.10.5 "release 1" Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    Thank you for taking the trouble to write this investigation. Allways usefull.
    But its not the trouble when I have holiday(s) for exploring and I can see things in openSUSE Linux, like on Sundays....Always liked the new life of Linux and especially the openSUSE with KDE desktop.
    Linux 3.7.10-1.16-desktop openSUSE 12.3 (Dartmouth) (i586) KDE 4.10.5 "release 1" Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz

As for Scribus, It can import PDF and can sometimes convert the vector part to native Scribus objects. This is good for vectors, but not editing text. Editing PDF internals is hard to do correctly - really the only thing for that are special Acrobat Pro plugins $$$$

As for PDF generation, it is one of the things we are most proud of in Scribus. Very powerful and sophisticated PDF creation.

Hope that helps,
    Peter
    Scribus Core Team Member and Founder

Quote Originally Posted by mrdocs View Post
    As for Scribus, It can import PDF and can sometimes convert the vector part to native Scribus objects. This is good for vectors, but not editing text. Editing PDF internals is hard to do correctly - really the only thing for that are special Acrobat Pro plugins $$$$

As for PDF generation, it is one of the things we are most proud of in Scribus. Very powerful and sophisticated PDF creation.
    Great to know that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12