Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Graphics card power saving mode workaround for dual monitor setup

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Graphics card power saving mode workaround for dual monitor setup

Quote Originally Posted by john_jtvds View Post
    OK. What I have been calling 'blowing the dust out' for years got a new meaning today. Apparently, up till now I have....let me put it this way: what I have been doing before compares to what I did today, as one brick does to a 10,000 sq ft mansion. Thanks, James, this has been a wake up call. Temperatures have dropped by almost 20 C when idle and a whopping 30 C when watching 720p video. My laptop's life time has been extended by many, many years. Thanks! EDIT: I even get to hear my hard disk being active now because the fans don't need to run at maximum speed all the time!
    Yea!!!!, we got to the bottom of the problem. I can tell you that there are many people that just do not realize the dust build-up problem that can occur and that using some sort of compressed air is required to fix. It is further compounded in that Windows, for what ever reason, may be able to handle the situation better. Yet, dust build up will at some point take down any OS you load and cleaning it out will make every OS work better. And of course, we know if the heat gets too high, real damage can occur.
    I can't thank you enough for coming back and letting everyone know the real issue and that we must have another satisfied customer here in the openSUSE forums!

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Default Re: Graphics card power saving mode workaround for dual monitor setup

Definitely! And thanks again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12