Thread: Where is Lazarus...?

Default Where is Lazarus...?

Been away from OpenSuse for a while but back now with 12.1 (64-bit). Anyway, tried to install Lazarus and related files but can't find 'em. I downloaded them from the Lazarus site but it won't install...there's an error when installing the main (Lazarus) RPM. It says it needs the FPC (Free Pascal Compiler) source. I have it but it still won't install. I've manually looked through the repositories and can't find Lazarus anywhere. Anyone know where it might be located and/or how to get around the installation error? Thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Where is Lazarus...?

Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

On 01/07/2012 05:46 AM, ZCSuse wrote:
    >
    > Anyone know where it might be located

http://tinyurl.com/7kmdubh

> and/or how to get around the installation error?

i've not tried it, but i'd guess if you install it with YaST Software
    Management it will automatically solve all dependencies (or tell you it
    can't, in which case you can add other repos/packages)...

--
    DD http://tinyurl.com/DD-Caveat
    openSUSE®, the "German Engineered Automobiles" of operating systems!

Thanks to both caf4926 and DenverD for the quick response! Got Lazarus installed (via adding it to the repository) and all is right in my world again. Only place I didn't look for this suppository, er, repository is where suppositories are usually found. Got it bookmarked now and hopefully this will end the search for anymore "off beat" software! I've been away from Suse for a while (experimenting with other distros which quite frankly sucked) and have had to "assimilate" myself back into a normal distro. Thanks again!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZCSuse View Post
    Thanks to both caf4926 and DenverD for the quick response! Got Lazarus installed (via adding it to the repository) and all is right in my world again. Only place I didn't look for this suppository, er, repository is where suppositories are usually found. Got it bookmarked now and hopefully this will end the search for anymore "off beat" software! I've been away from Suse for a while (experimenting with other distros which quite frankly sucked) and have had to "assimilate" myself back into a normal distro. Thanks again!
    YW
    FYI: It's often wise to disable repos like this, after you have installed what you need. Or it can lead to problems.
    The only outside repo we recommend leaving is Packman
    Though many do add: mozilla and kde repos and have no trouble. Just be careful.
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below