Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: AMD Drivers

Default Re: AMD Drivers

Yeah i guess using the compositor didn't work for me because nothing changed
    in the flash player. It still has extreme lags and full screen just crashes my PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Gikoskos View Post
    Yeah i guess using the compositor didn't work for me because nothing changed
    in the flash player. It still has extreme lags and full screen just crashes my PC.
    I don't know. I don't have much time to watch Flash videos. I just noticed a while ago - back in 11.4 + Gnome 2 time - that Flash in fullscreen used 100% of CPU resources when compositing was disabled in Gnome/Metacity and when compositing for fullscreen applications was deactivated in KDE (which is the default even if desktop effects are enable). So compositor - a script I wrote for testing purpose actually - helped me to solve this problem. But this is not the only problem with Flash (although it's the only one I had). There are other posts about Flash issues and solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by please_try_again View Post
    I don't know. I don't have much time to watch Flash videos. I just noticed a while ago - back in 11.4 + Gnome 2 time - that Flash in fullscreen used 100% of CPU resources when compositing was disabled in Gnome/Metacity and when compositing for fullscreen applications was deactivated in KDE (which is the default even if desktop effects are enable). So compositor - a script I wrote for testing purpose actually - helped me to solve this problem. But this is not the only problem with Flash (although it's the only one I had). There are other posts about Flash issues and solutions.
    Ok that's not a problem. I don't watch many flash videos anyway.
    If there is a solution to this problem i am interested in knowing it though.

Hello guys!

I installed a few days ago the Catalyst drivers from AMD. I tried the ones with the "easy way" and then I uninstalled them and tried with the binary I downloaded from the AMD web. And I was experiencing problems...

A lot of effects do not work, such as blur . Also, my laptop freezes for a second when hovering the mouse pointer over the lower right corner.

Any solution??

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345