Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD Drivers

Default Re: AMD Drivers

I am having a problem with my RAT 5 mouse though. I used to be able to (in 11.4) add:

Section "InputClass"
    Identifier "Mouse Remap"
    MatchProduct "Saitek Cyborg R.A.T.5 Mouse"
    MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
    Option "ButtonMapping" "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 2 9 10 11 12 0 0 0"
    EndSection

To the end of xorg.conf but now when I try, kwin crashes after a while.

I shall pick myself up off the floor. First piece of advice about any sort of linux for me & it worked.

Kylup i ran aticonfig --initial and its a lot smoothier but some of the glitches (e.g. when i open a menu or when i right click) are still here.
    I dont know what to do because on 11.4 it had the same effects without a problem. Anyways thanks

Hi i have another question, how can i limit the lags from the flash player.
    I fullscreen and its like the PC froze. Please help

Quote Originally Posted by Gikoskos View Post
    Hi i run the atiupgrade script after i installed openSUSE and the fglrx drivers seem to work pretty good, thank you please_try_again!
    However i get some kind of strange artifacts that slow down sometimes the desktop even if KDE runs quite smoothly, is there a way to fix that?
    The artifacts are normal ... or more precisely they are NOT, but caused by a bug in the driver, not related with atiupgrade or another way to install the driver. This is neither your fault ... nor mine. However I don't know what's behind this in KDE.

Kylup i ran aticonfig --initial and its a lot smoothier but some of the glitches (e.g. when i open a menu or when i right click) are still here.
    I dont know what to do because on 11.4 it had the same effects without a problem. Anyways thanks
    Don't mix methods! If you used atiupgrade, you didn't need aticonfig --initial!
    Look at the last lines of the atiupgrade script (using the "tail" command for example):

Code:
    $  tail -4 /usr/bin/atiupgrade

# otherwise generate a basic /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    /usr/bin/aticonfig --initial    
    exit

Hi i have another question, how can i limit the lags from the flash player.
    I fullscreen and its like the PC froze. Please help
    You should enable - more exactly un-disable - compositing for full screen windows in KDE. See this post and my answer: http://forums.opensuse.org/english/o...ml#post2422525

Sorry, didnt know about that

Quote Originally Posted by please_try_again View Post
    You should enable - more exactly un-disable - compositing for full screen windows in KDE. See this post and my answer: http://forums.opensuse.org/english/o...ml#post2422525
    Thanks about that, oh and have a happy new year

Hello there,

I also have a problem with AMD drivers. I'm running Suse 12.1 x64 on a Radeon HD 6850.

First I installed Catalyst driver using the '1 click method (64 bit)' as Hipster_Doofus said. Everything was ok during the install and I had Catalyst Control center, etc but I couldn't use any desktop effects. Then I reinstalled the driver with atiupgrade, same result. I also ran aticonfig --initial after that just in case, didn't help either.

Now whenever I try to use OpenGL in KWin it gives me errors saying 'the following desktop effects cannot be activated: < long list >' If I try to use one anyway, KWin crashes, saying it might be a driver problem. The only way I can get transparent taskbar and stuff is by using the X-Render option @ Desktop effects, but it's slow and can't use every effect with it. I have no experience with Suse (not much with other Linux systems either), I would be glad to get it working, installing Ati drivers has been a nightmare on every distro I've tried so far. Thx in advance!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast